Motorola Moto G (4G LTE) Available for $179.99 at Best Buy (Hurry, Limited Period Offer)
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 6, 2014 12:50 PM EST
Motorola released the killer budget-friendly smartphone Moto G with 4G LTE in June 2014. The phone is much-loved by users and critics alike. The Moto G is packed with terrific features and impressive under the hood performance. This affordable handset is now on discount for a limited period of time in Best Buy.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
The Motorola Moto G is now available at a discounted price of $179 in Best Buy. This is a $40 reduction in price from the original price of $219.99. Nevertheless, there is no free shipping available with this deal. The only way to by-pass the shipping charge is by placing the order online and once it ships to Best Buy's local stores, buyers might have to go an pick the order themselves, according to Phone Arena.
Where to Buy?
It is worth reminding once again that, the discount deal is a limited period offer. Hence potential buyers are advised to utilize this opportunity as soon as possible. Interested readers can check out the deal from Best Buy - Moto G Black and Moto G White.
The Moto G features a 4.5-inch IPS LCD display with the 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution and 329 ppi pixel density. The Moto G has a plastic body and a sharp HD screen that stretches from edge-to-edge to all corners of the handset. Moreover, the handset is 0.46 inches thick and weighs 143 g.
The smartphone is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz and houses 1 GB of RAM. In addition, the Motorola handset runs on Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat, which is upgradeable to higher OS versions. When it comes to memory, the Moto G 4G LTE comes with 8 GB or 16 GB of internal storage capacity bundled with microSD card support for expansion up to 32 GB.
Furthermore, the Moto G houses a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery unit. The phone sports 5 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and 1.3 MP front-facing shooter. The device can provide up to 24 hours of talk-time and 336 hours of stand-by time. The phone supports Bluetooth v4.0, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, and Wi-Fi Hotspot. However, it does not support NFC. Also, the device houses micro-sim.
Notably, the Moto G (4G LTE) model comes with a water-resistant coating protecting the phone inside and outside. However users are cautioned that the protection is just a coating and hence there is no IP67 certification.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]