Samsung Galaxy Alpha Tipped For Aug 13 Launch
By Sovan Mandal | August 6, 2014 12:47 PM EST
A fresh set of images of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has invaded the virtual world amidst rumors of the device getting readied for a launch sometime very soon. What is interesting with the new images is that it reveals the Galaxy Alpha in a white shade for the first time. Enthusiasts also get to have a better grasp of the smartphone this time thanks to the device being revealed from different angles.
Galaxy S5’s Heart Rate Monitor
However, the images which were posted at GForgames after it first appeared in the Chinese social forum Weibo has also brought to the fore its close resemblance with the iPhone. This applies more to the side makeup of the Galaxy Alpha which are believed to have been made of metal. However, the same does not seem to be applicable to the rear of the device, which could still be made of plastic material.
Business Insider further adds that the Galaxy Alpha would be pitched at a slot lower than the Galaxy S5, while also being smaller than the current smartphone flagship. The device also sports a squarer shape compared to the S5.
While we are yet to hear anything official about the device, unofficial sources have expressed optimism about the Galaxy Alpha getting launched as early as next week itself. NoWhereElse has pegged the launch date at Aug 13. SamMobile that boasts of a fairly good record when it comes to revealing Samsung's behind the scene stories is claiming that the Alpha will get to see the light of day on Aug 4 itself.
As for the rest of the details available so far, the Galaxy Alpha is rumored to come with the Exynos 5433 chip which GSM Arena claims to have fared even better than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 in a recent test. However, with that much of firepower under the hood, the display which at 720p resolution is considered to be a big let-down.
GSM Arena further mentions that the Galaxy Alpha will have a fixed 32 GB of internal storage but lacks a sd card slot. The phone will however come with a user replaceable battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles