Shamu, A 5.9" Display Smartphone Reported To Be The Upcoming Nexus 6
By Karen Wong | August 6, 2014 12:36 PM EST
The Nexus lineup is rumoured to be coming to an end, but Google's Nexus 6 is said to be released this fall as reported by Google followed by a rumoured 5.9 inches display Nexus phone - codename "Shamu" is reported to be working with Motorola.
(Photo: REUTERS / Stephen Lam)
A Google logo is seen at the garage where the company was founded on Google's 15th anniversary in Menlo Park, California September 26, 2013.
While the previous Nexus 4 and 5 was co-produced by LG, Ken Hong (LG's global communication director) has denied working on the next Nexus program and has also stated that LG has very little knowledge about the Android Silver project.
Reports have added that either the Nexus project may have ended, or Google has chosen another manufacturer for the upcoming Nexus 6.
A following rumour was reported by Android Police stating that Google has teamed up with Motorola to produce another Nexus phone, known as Shamu, that has a 5.9 inches display but resolutions are still to be known. The device is rumoured to feature a fingerprint sensor and is most likely to be released this November.
No other information about the device was released.
"Unfortunately, we don't have source images to share regarding Shamu. The source information provided to us is not something we feel comfortable sharing in its original form, and we are not fortunate enough to have even a placeholder render," said Android Police.
The report disclaimer has stated that updates, features and details isn't hundred per cent accurate and can change over time.
"Nexus 6 reportedly being made by Motorola," said TechnoBuffalo. "It sounds like a Motorola-made Nexus device is a very real possibility."
Nexus 6 will feature a 5.5 inches display with 2560 x 1440p resolutions and will be supported by Corning Gorilla Glass that has a 534ppi pixel density. It'll be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor, an Adreno 420 graphic processor and a 3 GB RAM, BreathCast reports.
Though Nexus 6's complete specs, features and details are still to be known, Android Police reports that "Shamu" will definitely be a Nexus phone this fall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced