Titanfall Game Update Five Adds Black Market, Daily Challenges and More as Possible Hints for Titanfall 2 Surface
By Gel Galang | August 6, 2014 12:31 PM EST
Respawn Entertainment has been continually improving and updating "Titanfall." Even though the Game Update Four has just been released a while back, the developers are already teasing Game Update Five.
A prop depicting a character from the video game "Titanfall" is on display before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
"For this update, we're introducing the Black Market--where you can buy and sell burn cards. Additionally there are eight new Titan decals available in the Black Market which you can also buy with in-game credits," said Respawn over the official Web site.
Some more additions coming with the latest update include Daily Challenges, allowing players to collect three new Daily Challenges every day, with 9 active daily challenges allowed at a time. The Campaign mode has also been moved in the game modes for rotation, so you can join the mode any time.
There are new features for both the Xbox One and PC versions of the game. The former will have more achievements for the new DLC Frontier's Edge while the PC version will have an improved multi-GPU support via NVIDIA.
A long list of bug fixes for all platforms is also coming, with the complete list accessible in the link above.
Will These Features be in "Titanfall 2?"
Respawn Entertainment may be planning either a new third-person shooter game or the possible "Titanfall 2," if hints of a new job listing are to be believed.
This is Xbox has spotted an ad for a three positions with the studio, namely Senior Animator, Senior Systems Designer and Senior Character Artist.
Looking at the careers page of Respawn's official Web site, the Senior Systems Designer provides some hints as to a possible shooter campaign.
The first is that the studio is seeking a Senior Systems Designer who is capable of executing or possessing the following:
- Contribute to the project vision, specifically in the areas of hero control/mechanics, enemy design, AI behaviours, combat/weapons, class design, skills/progression, story and boss encounters
- Experience working on 3rd person action/adventure games, demonstrating major contributions in the areas of hero control schemes, enemy design, navigation mechanics and combat
- Extensive understanding of the systems design process including motion models, weapons tuning and feel, enemy concept and design, tools/upgrades, economy, balance, testing, etc.
If these job vacancies pertain to work planned for "Titanfall 2," This is Xbox speculates that it could mean exploration campaigns for the sequel. For now, Respawn has not yet given any official word on the sequel, but Respawn's Vince Zampella has hinted that they will be expanding the "Titanfall" universe.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage