Sony Xperia T2 Ultra vs. Nexus 5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 6, 2014 12:18 PM EST
Released six months apart, the Nexus 5 is slightly more expensive compared to the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra in Australia. Here is a look at the specs and price of both the devices for readers who are considering choosing between the two devices.
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with a 6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Nexus 5 comes with a 4.95-inch True HD IPS+ capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
The Nexus 5 is the clear winner in this category with 445 ppi pixels display density compared to the 245 ppi pixels display density on the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra measures 165.2 x 83.8 x 7.7 mm and weighs 171.7 grams. The Nexus 5 is smaller, narrower and thicker, measuring 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm. The device is lighter, weighing 130 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nexus 5 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1 GB of RAM. The Nexus 5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Nexus 5 is again the clear winner.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.1 MP. The Nexus 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours on 3G. The Nexus 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $339.95. The Nexus 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $419.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $479.95 in Australia.
Sony Xperia T3 vs. Xperia M2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’