Shakira Reportedly Pregnant: Her Post Baby Workout Routine Revealed (Watch Video)
By Sarah Thomas | August 6, 2014 12:16 PM EST
News outlets in Columbia state that the Hips Don't Lie Singer is allegedly pregnant with her second child. Shakira and Gerard Pique are already parents to 1-year-old son Milan. The news reports also said that the singer was three months pregnant; apparently, this information was leaked by a friend during the Football World Cup. This friend also supposedly said that they are expecting a girl child.
Singer Shakira holds her son Milan Pique during the 2014 World Cup closing ceremony at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 13, 2014.
Carlos Vives, Columbian singer and her good friend, announced the news at the Miami Awards, saying, "Yes, she is pregnant and she's very happy." Many who saw her photo during the World Cup posing with her son also noted that she was glowing more than usual. However, her representative refused to comment and remained silent when asked about the pregnancy by the Daily News.
While the thought of her pregnancy excites her fans, they are still intrigued by the Waka Waka singer's quick bounce back after her son's birth. Just six months after Milan's birth, she was spotted on the beaches of Miami in a bikini. Shakira had her own diet and exercise regime that allowed her to stay fit during the pregnancy and get back into shape after.
Her trainer, Anna Kaiser of AKT Motion, who specialises in ballet, body conditioning and dance cardio, gave her a specialised workout that involved exercise and dance as well. This helped her shed post- baby weight. Kaiser told Shape, "She loves to mix it up and go out and play sports like tennis, squash, and paddleboarding. One session might consist of a ballet combo and barre exercises, then kickboxing and sports training, hip-hop, or Pilates."
She gave her a workout that combined cardio, strength training and flexibility, while her dance routine served as cardio. Kaiser said that Shakira loves dance-like exercises that helps burn calories, burn fat and is fun as well. Kaiser told Eonline that they lifted the appropriate weight post pregnancy, as well as used her body weight as resistance to increase her strength. "It's important to gradually increase the intensity of the workouts and not push too hard right away."
She also advised that eating small meals throughout the day and avoiding excess sugar and caffeine will help even out blood sugar and will increase the body's metabolism. She told Shape that Shakira's diet included "meals that range from 200 to 300 calories each, five to six times a day. When you get very few breaks during the day and you don't get a full night's sleep, you need those small meals to keep your energy up."
Shakira does a combination of yoga, dieting and dance that serves as cardio and strength training as well. That's a lot, but it did wonders to her body.
It has been 18 months since Milan's birth, and there have been reports that state that fans might be seeing a baby bump very soon. Shakira, however, has not confirmed anything yet. The speculations over her pregnancy is still on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner's Secret To A Slim and Sexy Body: All About Her Diet And Fitness Routine [Watch Video]
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Sleep Deprivation Among Teens Is The Main Cause of Low Academic Performance, Bad Behaviour And Lethargy, Finds Study
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- 5 Myths About The Gluten-Free Diet Every Fad Fanatic Should Know
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate