Shakira Reportedly Pregnant: Her Post Baby Workout Routine Revealed (Watch Video)
By Sarah Thomas | August 6, 2014 12:16 PM EST
News outlets in Columbia state that the Hips Don't Lie Singer is allegedly pregnant with her second child. Shakira and Gerard Pique are already parents to 1-year-old son Milan. The news reports also said that the singer was three months pregnant; apparently, this information was leaked by a friend during the Football World Cup. This friend also supposedly said that they are expecting a girl child.
Singer Shakira holds her son Milan Pique during the 2014 World Cup closing ceremony at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 13, 2014.
Carlos Vives, Columbian singer and her good friend, announced the news at the Miami Awards, saying, "Yes, she is pregnant and she's very happy." Many who saw her photo during the World Cup posing with her son also noted that she was glowing more than usual. However, her representative refused to comment and remained silent when asked about the pregnancy by the Daily News.
While the thought of her pregnancy excites her fans, they are still intrigued by the Waka Waka singer's quick bounce back after her son's birth. Just six months after Milan's birth, she was spotted on the beaches of Miami in a bikini. Shakira had her own diet and exercise regime that allowed her to stay fit during the pregnancy and get back into shape after.
Her trainer, Anna Kaiser of AKT Motion, who specialises in ballet, body conditioning and dance cardio, gave her a specialised workout that involved exercise and dance as well. This helped her shed post- baby weight. Kaiser told Shape, "She loves to mix it up and go out and play sports like tennis, squash, and paddleboarding. One session might consist of a ballet combo and barre exercises, then kickboxing and sports training, hip-hop, or Pilates."
She gave her a workout that combined cardio, strength training and flexibility, while her dance routine served as cardio. Kaiser said that Shakira loves dance-like exercises that helps burn calories, burn fat and is fun as well. Kaiser told Eonline that they lifted the appropriate weight post pregnancy, as well as used her body weight as resistance to increase her strength. "It's important to gradually increase the intensity of the workouts and not push too hard right away."
She also advised that eating small meals throughout the day and avoiding excess sugar and caffeine will help even out blood sugar and will increase the body's metabolism. She told Shape that Shakira's diet included "meals that range from 200 to 300 calories each, five to six times a day. When you get very few breaks during the day and you don't get a full night's sleep, you need those small meals to keep your energy up."
Shakira does a combination of yoga, dieting and dance that serves as cardio and strength training as well. That's a lot, but it did wonders to her body.
It has been 18 months since Milan's birth, and there have been reports that state that fans might be seeing a baby bump very soon. Shakira, however, has not confirmed anything yet. The speculations over her pregnancy is still on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Sex Change Surgery Gets Enhanced Cover From US Insurance Firms: Obama Regime's Policy Change Became The Trigger
- Chilling: Ebola Spreads Through Sneeze and Cough Droplets And Toilet Seats
- Red Cross Aussie Nurse Says Australia’s Ebola Visa Ban Is Embarrassing
- From 30-Inch To 16-Inch Waistline, Woman Shrinks Self With Corset [Video]
- New Zealand PM Calls Homeopathic Remedy For Ebola 'Barking Mad'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy