Before: Nintendo vs. Sony, Now: Nintendo vs. Nvidia
By Karen Wong | August 6, 2014 11:50 AM EST
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
Nvidia will be releasing a new gaming product that will intensify gaming experience. Nvidia will be using their own Tegra K1 chip to run Android games that have a budget-priced separate controller for Android devices. It can also play high graphic PC games in TV using HDMI port or local Wi-Fi network. This gaming machine can connect to personal computers and requires an installed Nvidia GPU. Nvidia GeForce Experience system is installed in the device that will be able to run PC games, mobile games and android games, PCWorld reports.
According to BBC, the game console limits the customers for Nvidia Company for it needs to have a powerful Nvidia graphic card when playing in a PC. Users need to switch to Nvidia graphic cards to avail these features.
Reports say that Nvidia is still continuing to develop more powerful components to support mobile and desktop hardware. The device is portable which allows users to play in their living room or while travelling. It allows users to relax and be more comfortable while playing using its add-on controller.
Nintendo's long time rival Sony PSP is said to stop shipping in Japan. After 10 years in business, Sony PSP sold over 80 million PSP units worldwide. It was confirmed that Sony PSP will no longer ship products to retailers worldwide. Since Sony PSP stopped shipping, Nintendo will continue dominating the gaming market.
Nintendo is not stopping production, The Verge confirmed from Sony.
Customers can trade in their PSPs and get up to $29 - $39 off the cost of the PS Vita, the consoles successor. The Vita has struggled to match the PSP's sales success, but a flood of indie games and some useful PS4 cross-compatibility has made owning the system a more attractive proposition, reports say.
If Nvidia won the battle, consumers would have to switch from their previous video cards to Nvidia graphic cards. This will benefit and add more to the revenue of Nvidia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’