Pippa Middleton Donates Her Bespoke Bike to Raise Funds for Life-Saving Research on Heart Disease
By Sarah Thomas | August 6, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Kate Middleton's 30-year-old elder sister Pippa Middleton has donated her signed, bespoke bike to fund the life-saving research on heart diseases. She is the ambassador of the British Heart Foundation (BHF) and this money would be given away as charity for the foundation. She recently completed a cycling challenge by covering 500 miles across America on the bike which is now on auction.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
With regard to the donation, she said, "I wanted to complete this challenge to help raise awareness of the importance of heart health after learning that coronary heart disease kills nearly three times more women than breast cancer."
She said that the challenge was incredibly rough as she had to ride across the Rockies and cope with the heat of the Arizona desert, climbing over 170,000 vertical feet in six days. "But every inch of the 3,000 mile race was worth it, to help the BHF fight heart disease," Pippa said.
She persuaded the people to start bidding, "Whether you're inspired to get fit or you're a cycling fanatic wanting to add to your bike collection, visit bhf.org.uk/ebay to bid now." The young, energetic fitness enthusiast has already raised over £20,000 from her month-long cycling challenge titled Race Across America. She is now keen on raising more money by the donation of the bike. "I'm keen to raise as much money as possible to help the BHF fund life-saving heart research," she said.
She hopes to add to the money she raised during the cycle across America by selling the bike she rode on the gruelling trip, she stated. She autographer her Dassi bike worth £2,500. The funds raised from the auction will be shared with the Michael Matthews Foundation which works towards educating children all over the world. She had even completed the Race Across America challenge in aid of the Michael Matthews Foundation, alongside the BHF.
On Aug 3 at 9 am, the auction went for 10 days. The public could bid too on ebay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- Girl Gives Free Testicle Exams On International Men’s Day For Charity, Simple Pickup Donates To Movember
- Movember Ends With Shave-Off
- Viral 'Do They Know Its Christmas?' Video With Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Sam Smith Raises $1.5 Million For Ebola In Minutes
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys