Pippa Middleton Donates Her Bespoke Bike to Raise Funds for Life-Saving Research on Heart Disease
By Sarah Thomas | August 6, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Kate Middleton's 30-year-old elder sister Pippa Middleton has donated her signed, bespoke bike to fund the life-saving research on heart diseases. She is the ambassador of the British Heart Foundation (BHF) and this money would be given away as charity for the foundation. She recently completed a cycling challenge by covering 500 miles across America on the bike which is now on auction.
Pippa Middleton, the sister of Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watches the women's singles tennis match between Angelique Kerber of Germany and Heather Watson of Britain at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in centre court, London June 26, 2014.
With regard to the donation, she said, "I wanted to complete this challenge to help raise awareness of the importance of heart health after learning that coronary heart disease kills nearly three times more women than breast cancer."
She said that the challenge was incredibly rough as she had to ride across the Rockies and cope with the heat of the Arizona desert, climbing over 170,000 vertical feet in six days. "But every inch of the 3,000 mile race was worth it, to help the BHF fight heart disease," Pippa said.
She persuaded the people to start bidding, "Whether you're inspired to get fit or you're a cycling fanatic wanting to add to your bike collection, visit bhf.org.uk/ebay to bid now." The young, energetic fitness enthusiast has already raised over £20,000 from her month-long cycling challenge titled Race Across America. She is now keen on raising more money by the donation of the bike. "I'm keen to raise as much money as possible to help the BHF fund life-saving heart research," she said.
She hopes to add to the money she raised during the cycle across America by selling the bike she rode on the gruelling trip, she stated. She autographer her Dassi bike worth £2,500. The funds raised from the auction will be shared with the Michael Matthews Foundation which works towards educating children all over the world. She had even completed the Race Across America challenge in aid of the Michael Matthews Foundation, alongside the BHF.
On Aug 3 at 9 am, the auction went for 10 days. The public could bid too on ebay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Ebola Is Changing The Religious Landscape In West Africa
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage