New leak Suggest Moto 360 Launch Imminent, HP Smartwatch Likely to be a Worthy Competitor
By Sovan Mandal | August 6, 2014 11:05 AM EST
Full and final details of the Moto 360 continue to be elusive though Evleaks has some exciting bits to share. Interestingly, this comes just prior to bringing the curtains down on the tipster's illustrious stint of leaking behind-the-scenes company and product info. As a parting shot, he has some more images of the Moto 360 to share. However, while there isn't anything new to savor with the fresh set of images, what's heartening is that with press shots now becoming available, a formal launch is expected sooner than later.
A Google employee demonstrates the features of the Moto smartwatch at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014. Google Inc's Android software is coming to cars, televisions and watches this year, as the Internet search giant races against Apple Inc and other tech companies to extend its business into a rapidly broadening field of Internet-connected devices.
Motorola continues to tease us with an exact launch date, instead offering a broader end-summer launch window. Fortunately, we are already approaching that period and the coming of the press shots of the Motorola smartwatch does point to something more meaningful. As Edwin Kee of Ubergizmo points out, the usual pattern with leaks and press renders is that these usually precede the launch of the real thing.
However, while we keenly await the launch of the Moto 360 device, others set to join the fray include HP with a smartwatch that is already being pegged as a suitable competitor to the Motorola offering. For this, HP has also partnered with renowned US based fashion designer Michael Bastian to ensure an equal measure of style and functionality with the upcoming smartwatch, reports Morning Ledger.
Initial reports that has emerged does point to something exciting coming our way, with the watch incorporating a circular design much like the Moto 360. However, while the Moto 360 looks simplistic in its design approach, the HP smartwatch with its 44 mm steel casing makes a bold style statement, claims Joel Joseph of Morning Ledger.
Another area where the HP smartwatch will have a striking dissimilarity with the Moto 360 is that while the Motorola offering will essentially be limited to the Android domain, HP has stated it would tap into both Android and iOS with its smartwatch. What this implies is that HP won't be relying entirely on the standard Android Wear platform but will be making enough changes to it to make it compatible with iOS as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]