Samsung Galaxy Alpha Release Date Nears as Leaks Show Image with iPhone 5S and Retailer Listing
By Gel Galang | August 6, 2014 11:05 AM EST
If the few rendered images and live photos of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha (alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F) were not yet enough, a new string of leaked images put the device beside what appears to be the iPhone 5S.
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
SamMobile has obtained the leaked shots, and what's noticeable with the comparison shot is how thin the Samsung Galaxy Alpha (alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F). It is thinner in the sense that area of the Samsung device that contains the protruding camera is the only part that has the same thickness as the iPhone 5S--everything else is thinner.
The other images depicting the body and sides of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha (alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F) does show a rather sleek and stylish feel to Samsung's first metallic phone.
As for the specs, the report adds that there hasn't been a change of the expected features to debut on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha (Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F), which are a mix of midrange and high-end specs. These still include a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED 720p display, a 13-megapixel camera, fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor, the Exynos 5433 or Snapdragon 80x processor, non-expandable storage at 32GB, 2 GB of RA and the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS out of the box.
The expected announcement has also been pegged for August 13, though Samsung has not confirmed any of these speculations as of yet.
Metallic Phone Means iPhone-level Price?
Still on the topic of leaks, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has also been listed by a U.K. retailer. The preorder page, which was spotted by Phone Arena, does emphasize that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is all about the metal.
According to the report, there a also a possible hint of a more premium Samsung Galaxy Alpha, which could actually be the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F. This can finally mean a fully metallic body for their smartphones, as the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is really a device that features a metallic frame and finish, rather than a metal make for the whole phone.
The listed features still match those that have been released as rumours, and the page also lists down a price, £549. Check out the screenshot of the preorder page in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report