Britney Spears Thanks Zoe Saldana for Defending Her, Suggests ‘Crossroads’ Sequel [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | August 6, 2014 8:55 AM EST
Britney Spears has thanked “Guardians of the Galaxy” star Zoe Saldana for her defending her. The 32-year-old pop superstar also suggested that they make “Crossroads 2” together.
Britney Spears holds the award she won for favorite pop artist at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
In 2002, Britney was already a chart-topping pop princess when she starred in the dramedy “Crossroads” with Zoe, who was still a little known actress back then.
The film netted over U$61 million in the box office, making it a commercial success despite receiving mixed critical reviews.
Following the film, Britney has had her fair share of unflattering tabloid headlines targeting her personal life, although she was able to retain her fame. Zoe, on the other hand, went on to star in a string of blockbuster films, including “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” “Star Trek,” “Avatar” and the current top film “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
The two haven’t had their roads crossed again, but that didn’t stop Zoe from defending Britney from critics.
Earlier in July, a raw version of Britney’s “Alien” leaked online. Listeners weren’t so kind in giving Britney their assessment, with some telling her that her voice without auto-tune is downright horrendous.
Appearing on the U.S. show “Watch What Happens Live” on July 31, Zoe quickly came to her former co-star’s defence, saying she’s not the only one who uses auto-tune.
“I’m pretty sure that 80 per cent of our musical artists would be mortified if they were caught singing without auto-tune,” Zoe said, adding whoever released Britney’s raw vocals was “mean.”
“I have a huge amount of respect for Britney Spears. And I’ve always said this, and I will continue to say it: She was the one big, big celebrity that I met when I was starting to work in Hollywood who was humble. Whatever was going on in her mind or in her world, it was never about hating her neighbour.”
Zoe added, “She was the only pop star at that time – and I can name a lot of prominent figures right now that today are more famous than Britney that literally got to where they’re at by hating on Britney a lot.
“Because it was cool at one time to really just diss her. And Britney never did that.”
The 36-year-old “Avatar” actress also has an explanation on why Britney’s star never fades.
“I do believe that people and children gravitate to good energy, and she’s definitely an abundance of that.”
Britney’s acting isn’t top calibre, though. Rating the singer’s acting, Zoe gave her a “six? A Seven? Eight-ish?”
Zoe’s sweetness wasn’t lost on Britney, who tweeted her thanks to the pregnant actress.
.@zoesaldana Truly the sweetest, thx 4 the kind words. Nothing but great memories of working w u. Crossroads pt 2? ;)” Britney wrote, adding a clip of a scene from “Crossroads.”
Not wanting to disappoint their fans who are waiting 12 years and counting for a sequel, Zoe replied, “Yes! Let’s do it! Hahahahahahahaha”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation