Britney Spears Thanks Zoe Saldana for Defending Her, Suggests ‘Crossroads’ Sequel [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | August 6, 2014 8:55 AM EST
Britney Spears has thanked “Guardians of the Galaxy” star Zoe Saldana for her defending her. The 32-year-old pop superstar also suggested that they make “Crossroads 2” together.
Britney Spears holds the award she won for favorite pop artist at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
In 2002, Britney was already a chart-topping pop princess when she starred in the dramedy “Crossroads” with Zoe, who was still a little known actress back then.
The film netted over U$61 million in the box office, making it a commercial success despite receiving mixed critical reviews.
Following the film, Britney has had her fair share of unflattering tabloid headlines targeting her personal life, although she was able to retain her fame. Zoe, on the other hand, went on to star in a string of blockbuster films, including “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” “Star Trek,” “Avatar” and the current top film “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
The two haven’t had their roads crossed again, but that didn’t stop Zoe from defending Britney from critics.
Earlier in July, a raw version of Britney’s “Alien” leaked online. Listeners weren’t so kind in giving Britney their assessment, with some telling her that her voice without auto-tune is downright horrendous.
Appearing on the U.S. show “Watch What Happens Live” on July 31, Zoe quickly came to her former co-star’s defence, saying she’s not the only one who uses auto-tune.
“I’m pretty sure that 80 per cent of our musical artists would be mortified if they were caught singing without auto-tune,” Zoe said, adding whoever released Britney’s raw vocals was “mean.”
“I have a huge amount of respect for Britney Spears. And I’ve always said this, and I will continue to say it: She was the one big, big celebrity that I met when I was starting to work in Hollywood who was humble. Whatever was going on in her mind or in her world, it was never about hating her neighbour.”
Zoe added, “She was the only pop star at that time – and I can name a lot of prominent figures right now that today are more famous than Britney that literally got to where they’re at by hating on Britney a lot.
“Because it was cool at one time to really just diss her. And Britney never did that.”
The 36-year-old “Avatar” actress also has an explanation on why Britney’s star never fades.
“I do believe that people and children gravitate to good energy, and she’s definitely an abundance of that.”
Britney’s acting isn’t top calibre, though. Rating the singer’s acting, Zoe gave her a “six? A Seven? Eight-ish?”
Zoe’s sweetness wasn’t lost on Britney, who tweeted her thanks to the pregnant actress.
.@zoesaldana Truly the sweetest, thx 4 the kind words. Nothing but great memories of working w u. Crossroads pt 2? ;)” Britney wrote, adding a clip of a scene from “Crossroads.”
Not wanting to disappoint their fans who are waiting 12 years and counting for a sequel, Zoe replied, “Yes! Let’s do it! Hahahahahahahaha”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles