Britney Spears Thanks Zoe Saldana for Defending Her, Suggests ‘Crossroads’ Sequel [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | August 6, 2014 8:55 AM EST
Britney Spears has thanked “Guardians of the Galaxy” star Zoe Saldana for her defending her. The 32-year-old pop superstar also suggested that they make “Crossroads 2” together.
Britney Spears holds the award she won for favorite pop artist at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
In 2002, Britney was already a chart-topping pop princess when she starred in the dramedy “Crossroads” with Zoe, who was still a little known actress back then.
The film netted over U$61 million in the box office, making it a commercial success despite receiving mixed critical reviews.
Following the film, Britney has had her fair share of unflattering tabloid headlines targeting her personal life, although she was able to retain her fame. Zoe, on the other hand, went on to star in a string of blockbuster films, including “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” “Star Trek,” “Avatar” and the current top film “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
The two haven’t had their roads crossed again, but that didn’t stop Zoe from defending Britney from critics.
Earlier in July, a raw version of Britney’s “Alien” leaked online. Listeners weren’t so kind in giving Britney their assessment, with some telling her that her voice without auto-tune is downright horrendous.
Appearing on the U.S. show “Watch What Happens Live” on July 31, Zoe quickly came to her former co-star’s defence, saying she’s not the only one who uses auto-tune.
“I’m pretty sure that 80 per cent of our musical artists would be mortified if they were caught singing without auto-tune,” Zoe said, adding whoever released Britney’s raw vocals was “mean.”
“I have a huge amount of respect for Britney Spears. And I’ve always said this, and I will continue to say it: She was the one big, big celebrity that I met when I was starting to work in Hollywood who was humble. Whatever was going on in her mind or in her world, it was never about hating her neighbour.”
Zoe added, “She was the only pop star at that time – and I can name a lot of prominent figures right now that today are more famous than Britney that literally got to where they’re at by hating on Britney a lot.
“Because it was cool at one time to really just diss her. And Britney never did that.”
The 36-year-old “Avatar” actress also has an explanation on why Britney’s star never fades.
“I do believe that people and children gravitate to good energy, and she’s definitely an abundance of that.”
Britney’s acting isn’t top calibre, though. Rating the singer’s acting, Zoe gave her a “six? A Seven? Eight-ish?”
Zoe’s sweetness wasn’t lost on Britney, who tweeted her thanks to the pregnant actress.
.@zoesaldana Truly the sweetest, thx 4 the kind words. Nothing but great memories of working w u. Crossroads pt 2? ;)” Britney wrote, adding a clip of a scene from “Crossroads.”
Not wanting to disappoint their fans who are waiting 12 years and counting for a sequel, Zoe replied, “Yes! Let’s do it! Hahahahahahahaha”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop