The Young and the Restless Spoilers; Find Out Who is Joining Y&R, Her Character’s Story Plus Mishael Morgan on Hilary-Devon-Neil Love Triangle
By jaskiran kaur | August 6, 2014 3:22 AM EST
CBS' long running daytime soap opera "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) has earned a new cast member that will add an interesting character to the storyline. Veteran TV actress Meredith Baxter is coming to Genoa City as Maureen. Read on to find out more about her character. Also, find out what Mishael Morgan (Hilary) thinks about her romance with father and the son on "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from future episodes of "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). Read only if you want to learn more about it.
On August 4, 2014, TV Guide "confirmed" the news about Meredith Baxter joining "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). The report notes that the "Family Ties" actress will portray a character that is "charming" and "intelligent." Her "middle-class" status inspires her to live a "more privileged life than she's had."
Elaborating on her character, the report states that Maureen appears to be a gentle, "kind" and "sympathetic" person. On the contrary, she is capable of being "quite manipulative." The Emmy nominated actress' character is going to have some sort of association with Melody Thomas Scott's Nikki Newman. The report drops a major spoiler and reveals that Nikki is soon going to give into temptation of drinking that she has been struggling with for a while now. And Maureen is going to be her partner in crime.
Furthermore, the report suggests that Maureen is quite influencing and can easily get her own way. Nikki and Maureen will reportedly be "crossing with several key players on the 'Y&R' canvas."
American actress Meredith Baxter is also known for her work in Television films "A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story" and "Her Final Fury: Betty Broderick-The Final Chapter."
Watch out for Meredith Baxter on Monday, Sept. 8 episode of the show.
Meanwhile, fans have been growing anxious about Hilary and Devon's future and how their love story turns out. "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) Mishael Morgan (Hilary Curtis) sat down with Soap Opera Network for an interview where she not only talked about her career as a daytime soap actress but also dropped spoilers on Neil, Devon and Hilary love triangle.
While talking about her dilemma over her feelings for Neil and his son Devon, she says it's a "little sticky" but "fun." Mishael tells the publication that her "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) character is trying to discover herself at the moment. But she is reportedly "having a hard time." She reveals, Hilary's indecisiveness about her feelings for Neil and Devon makes her feel "awkward and uncomfortable" while filming. However, she feels this makes things simpler and "easier" for her.
"I really had no idea what they were going to do with Hilary after the whole vendetta against Neil ended, so just the fact that I'm here and exploring this amazing love triangle is such a blessing," Mishael Morgan told Soap Opera Network. She seems quite amused at the prospect of romancing "father and son" at the same time. However, she says she is "enjoying" it.
Mishael Morgan is a 28-year-old Canadian actress and one of the recent additions to "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). She joined the cast in 2013. Besides "Y&R," fans can also see her on CW's latest TV show "Backpackers."
The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) airs Monday through Friday at 12:30 pm on CBS.
For more spoilers and updates on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money