Four Euro Clubs Face Penalties for Racists Acts
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 6, 2014 12:46 AM EST
UEFA is serious in their crackdown on racism. For racist acts during Champions League and Europa League matches last season, four European soccer clubs face penalties of ‘partial stadium bans’ or partial closure of their home stadium for the teams’ respective subsequent UEFA competition matches on schedule.
FC Chikhura Sachkhere based in Georgia; Debreceni VSC (Hungary), NK Maribor (Slovenia) and FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania) has been ordered the partial closures for their next official home match in the UEFA.
“The fight against racism is a high priority for UEFA. The European governing body has a zero-tolerance policy towards racism and discrimination on the pitch and in the stands. All forms of racist behaviour are considered serious offences against the disciplinary regulations and are punished with the most severe sanctions,” according to the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body statement.
“Following the entry into force of the new disciplinary regulations on 1 June 2013, the fight against racist conduct has been stepped up a level – resulting in more severe sanctions to deter any such behaviour.”
All the racism acts happened in matches held during the latter part of July 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date