Four Euro Clubs Face Penalties for Racists Acts
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 6, 2014 12:46 AM EST
UEFA is serious in their crackdown on racism. For racist acts during Champions League and Europa League matches last season, four European soccer clubs face penalties of ‘partial stadium bans’ or partial closure of their home stadium for the teams’ respective subsequent UEFA competition matches on schedule.
FC Chikhura Sachkhere based in Georgia; Debreceni VSC (Hungary), NK Maribor (Slovenia) and FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania) has been ordered the partial closures for their next official home match in the UEFA.
“The fight against racism is a high priority for UEFA. The European governing body has a zero-tolerance policy towards racism and discrimination on the pitch and in the stands. All forms of racist behaviour are considered serious offences against the disciplinary regulations and are punished with the most severe sanctions,” according to the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body statement.
“Following the entry into force of the new disciplinary regulations on 1 June 2013, the fight against racist conduct has been stepped up a level – resulting in more severe sanctions to deter any such behaviour.”
All the racism acts happened in matches held during the latter part of July 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation