Four Euro Clubs Face Penalties for Racists Acts
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 6, 2014 12:46 AM EST
UEFA is serious in their crackdown on racism. For racist acts during Champions League and Europa League matches last season, four European soccer clubs face penalties of ‘partial stadium bans’ or partial closure of their home stadium for the teams’ respective subsequent UEFA competition matches on schedule.
FC Chikhura Sachkhere based in Georgia; Debreceni VSC (Hungary), NK Maribor (Slovenia) and FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania) has been ordered the partial closures for their next official home match in the UEFA.
“The fight against racism is a high priority for UEFA. The European governing body has a zero-tolerance policy towards racism and discrimination on the pitch and in the stands. All forms of racist behaviour are considered serious offences against the disciplinary regulations and are punished with the most severe sanctions,” according to the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body statement.
“Following the entry into force of the new disciplinary regulations on 1 June 2013, the fight against racist conduct has been stepped up a level – resulting in more severe sanctions to deter any such behaviour.”
All the racism acts happened in matches held during the latter part of July 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate