Four Euro Clubs Face Penalties for Racists Acts
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 6, 2014 12:46 AM EST
UEFA is serious in their crackdown on racism. For racist acts during Champions League and Europa League matches last season, four European soccer clubs face penalties of ‘partial stadium bans’ or partial closure of their home stadium for the teams’ respective subsequent UEFA competition matches on schedule.
FC Chikhura Sachkhere based in Georgia; Debreceni VSC (Hungary), NK Maribor (Slovenia) and FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania) has been ordered the partial closures for their next official home match in the UEFA.
“The fight against racism is a high priority for UEFA. The European governing body has a zero-tolerance policy towards racism and discrimination on the pitch and in the stands. All forms of racist behaviour are considered serious offences against the disciplinary regulations and are punished with the most severe sanctions,” according to the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body statement.
“Following the entry into force of the new disciplinary regulations on 1 June 2013, the fight against racist conduct has been stepped up a level – resulting in more severe sanctions to deter any such behaviour.”
All the racism acts happened in matches held during the latter part of July 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia