Offspring: Preview of Season 5 Final Episode, Season 6 Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 5, 2014 7:05 PM EST
This Wednesday, "Offspring" will wrap-up Season 5, with the telecast of the final episode. It is still not confirmed whether this much loved series will be returning with a new season, next year.
Channel Ten and John Edwards and Imogen Banks, producers of "Offspring," have yet to reach an agreement regarding the new season, according to news.com.au.
The fans of "Offspring" are unlikely to be disappointed if the Season 5 finale ends on a high-note, and if it provides a happy closure to Nina's tragic love life. The Season 4 finale saw the death of Patrick. And in episode 11 of the current season, it was revealed that her new love interest Thomas is a two-timer and has not separated from his wife.
Speaking about the possibility of "Offspring" ending, Kate Stewart, who plays Billie, said to news.com.au, "If this is the end, I think you could leave it there. The full year is put away -- it closes that tumultuous year of Patrick's death and Zoe's first birthday. It's a lovely way to come full circle."
The penultimate episode of "Offspring" Season 5 saw Nina coming to terms with the shocking discovery that Thomas is a married man and is the father of her patient's new born. With the help of Leo, Nina managed to hide the news about Thomas's betrayal from her family and work colleagues. She also chose to not tell Billie about Thomas's marital status. Also, she kissed Leo and Leo had to stop her from getting more physically intimate, as he did not want to wreck their friendship. Nina also got a new job offer from a women's wellness centre.
The final episode of the season will see Nina planning Zoe's first birthday and also dealing with the first anniversary of Patrick's death. The question is whether there is a chance for Leo and Nina's relationship. Also, will Nina quit St Francis?
Meanwhile, Billie was in dilemma in the penultimate episode. She was sure about her love for Mick, but was not sure about following him to London. The final episode of "Offspring" Season 5 will see her packing her bags so that she could be with Mick.
According to the synopsis of "Offspring" Season 5 finale, "Billie gets ready for a new life overseas as Nina has to deal with Zoe's first birthday and the anniversary of Patrick's death. The staff at St Francis have to deal with an emergency of epic proportions."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows