The Big Bang Theory: Season 8 Production to Begin Soon, Kaley Cuoco, Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki Ink New Contract
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 5, 2014 7:03 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is set to begin production this Wednesday, as Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Kaley Cuoco [Penny] and Johnny Galecki [Leonard] have successfully negotiated their new contracts.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
The production of Season 8 was originally scheduled to begin on July 30, but it had to be pushed ahead. The producing house, Warner Bros. TV (WBTV), and the actors were unable to reach an agreement on the new contracts at the time. The actors were demanding a hefty pay hike. Parsons, Cuoco and Galecki were demanding $1 million dollars per episode, and according to reports, WBTV has agreed to give them the huge pay hike.
The Hollywood Reporter reports that Parsons, Cuoco and Galecki have signed on their new contracts, which is for three seasons. According to Deadline.com, the three actors' representatives and the producing house reached an agreement after "marathon negotiations" over the weekend.
Deadline reports that Parsons was the first one to close his negotiation talk. He closed his negotiation on Sunday. Soon, Galecki and Cuoco also agreed to sign on the new contract. The report says that the three actors' new contracts come under "most favoured nations" terms, which means that the three actors have "financial parity with each other."
Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj], who are negotiating together, are yet to ink their new contract. Reports suggest that these two actors will also close their negotiations soon.
According to Deadline's report, Parsons, Cuoco and Galecki are going to take home $1 million per episode. "The Big Bang Theory" was renewed for three seasons before the Season 7 wrapped-up, and there are expected to be in total 72 episodes in the upcoming three seasons.
There is also the potential of Season 11, Deadline reports. Also, the site reports that in addition to per episode pay hike, the three actors are set to get "larger pieces of the show, signing bonuses, production deals and advances towards the back-end -- perks associated with talent deals on shows as big as Big Bang."
Melissa Rauch [Bernadette] and Mayim Bialik [Amy] inked their new contracts in 2013. The table read for Season 8 is likely to be held on August 06.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar