Tony Parker and Axelle Francine Ties Knot in Private Ceremonies in Texas
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 5, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Life is really good for Tony Parker.
He just won the NBA Championship last June. He inked a new extension with the San Antonio Spurs worth $43.3 million for three more years. Now, he signed another contract. This time it may just encompass his lifetime.
(L-R) San Antonio Spurs' Tony Parker of France, Tim Duncan, and Manu Ginobili of Argentina hold the Larry O'Brien trophy after the Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The diminutive Spurs point guard married his girlfriend of three years, Axelle Francine in a private ceremony in San Antonio, Texas, Saturday as reported by People.
The 32-year old four-time NBA champion and his fiancée French journalist just welcomed their firstborn, Josh last April. The ceremony culminates the supportive relationship of the couple which was also in display during the NBA playoffs where Parker's wife regularly attended the games.
The festivities were jumpstarted by a pre-wedding reception at the Cowboy Dancehall in San Antonio last Thursday where the event was graced by the couple's family and friends, most of whom flew from France.
"It was just a little gathering," an employee at the Cowboy Dancehall told People, adding that the all-star athlete sipped cocktails and danced. "He wanted to show them a Texas country good time."
Parker and Francine's union comes at a time when the all-star has recently secured his future with the only franchise in the NBA that he has represented. Parker expressed his delight to stay with the organization and defend their title for the upcoming season.
"I'm very happy and I want to play for the Spurs my whole career and be a Spur for life," Parker told the San Antonio Express-News after signing the extension.
The speedy point guard was previously married to Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria for three years before finalizing their divorce in 2011. Both celebrities have appeared to move on from the split as Longoria is now reportedly dating Jose Antonio Baston, the president of Televista.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build