Tony Parker and Axelle Francine Ties Knot in Private Ceremonies in Texas
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 5, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Life is really good for Tony Parker.
He just won the NBA Championship last June. He inked a new extension with the San Antonio Spurs worth $43.3 million for three more years. Now, he signed another contract. This time it may just encompass his lifetime.
(L-R) San Antonio Spurs' Tony Parker of France, Tim Duncan, and Manu Ginobili of Argentina hold the Larry O'Brien trophy after the Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The diminutive Spurs point guard married his girlfriend of three years, Axelle Francine in a private ceremony in San Antonio, Texas, Saturday as reported by People.
The 32-year old four-time NBA champion and his fiancée French journalist just welcomed their firstborn, Josh last April. The ceremony culminates the supportive relationship of the couple which was also in display during the NBA playoffs where Parker's wife regularly attended the games.
The festivities were jumpstarted by a pre-wedding reception at the Cowboy Dancehall in San Antonio last Thursday where the event was graced by the couple's family and friends, most of whom flew from France.
"It was just a little gathering," an employee at the Cowboy Dancehall told People, adding that the all-star athlete sipped cocktails and danced. "He wanted to show them a Texas country good time."
Parker and Francine's union comes at a time when the all-star has recently secured his future with the only franchise in the NBA that he has represented. Parker expressed his delight to stay with the organization and defend their title for the upcoming season.
"I'm very happy and I want to play for the Spurs my whole career and be a Spur for life," Parker told the San Antonio Express-News after signing the extension.
The speedy point guard was previously married to Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria for three years before finalizing their divorce in 2011. Both celebrities have appeared to move on from the split as Longoria is now reportedly dating Jose Antonio Baston, the president of Televista.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy