Tony Parker and Axelle Francine Ties Knot in Private Ceremonies in Texas
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 5, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Life is really good for Tony Parker.
He just won the NBA Championship last June. He inked a new extension with the San Antonio Spurs worth $43.3 million for three more years. Now, he signed another contract. This time it may just encompass his lifetime.
(L-R) San Antonio Spurs' Tony Parker of France, Tim Duncan, and Manu Ginobili of Argentina hold the Larry O'Brien trophy after the Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The diminutive Spurs point guard married his girlfriend of three years, Axelle Francine in a private ceremony in San Antonio, Texas, Saturday as reported by People.
The 32-year old four-time NBA champion and his fiancée French journalist just welcomed their firstborn, Josh last April. The ceremony culminates the supportive relationship of the couple which was also in display during the NBA playoffs where Parker's wife regularly attended the games.
The festivities were jumpstarted by a pre-wedding reception at the Cowboy Dancehall in San Antonio last Thursday where the event was graced by the couple's family and friends, most of whom flew from France.
"It was just a little gathering," an employee at the Cowboy Dancehall told People, adding that the all-star athlete sipped cocktails and danced. "He wanted to show them a Texas country good time."
Parker and Francine's union comes at a time when the all-star has recently secured his future with the only franchise in the NBA that he has represented. Parker expressed his delight to stay with the organization and defend their title for the upcoming season.
"I'm very happy and I want to play for the Spurs my whole career and be a Spur for life," Parker told the San Antonio Express-News after signing the extension.
The speedy point guard was previously married to Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria for three years before finalizing their divorce in 2011. Both celebrities have appeared to move on from the split as Longoria is now reportedly dating Jose Antonio Baston, the president of Televista.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet