Tony Parker and Axelle Francine Ties Knot in Private Ceremonies in Texas
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 5, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Life is really good for Tony Parker.
He just won the NBA Championship last June. He inked a new extension with the San Antonio Spurs worth $43.3 million for three more years. Now, he signed another contract. This time it may just encompass his lifetime.
(L-R) San Antonio Spurs' Tony Parker of France, Tim Duncan, and Manu Ginobili of Argentina hold the Larry O'Brien trophy after the Spurs defeated the Miami Heat in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
The diminutive Spurs point guard married his girlfriend of three years, Axelle Francine in a private ceremony in San Antonio, Texas, Saturday as reported by People.
The 32-year old four-time NBA champion and his fiancée French journalist just welcomed their firstborn, Josh last April. The ceremony culminates the supportive relationship of the couple which was also in display during the NBA playoffs where Parker's wife regularly attended the games.
The festivities were jumpstarted by a pre-wedding reception at the Cowboy Dancehall in San Antonio last Thursday where the event was graced by the couple's family and friends, most of whom flew from France.
"It was just a little gathering," an employee at the Cowboy Dancehall told People, adding that the all-star athlete sipped cocktails and danced. "He wanted to show them a Texas country good time."
Parker and Francine's union comes at a time when the all-star has recently secured his future with the only franchise in the NBA that he has represented. Parker expressed his delight to stay with the organization and defend their title for the upcoming season.
"I'm very happy and I want to play for the Spurs my whole career and be a Spur for life," Parker told the San Antonio Express-News after signing the extension.
The speedy point guard was previously married to Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria for three years before finalizing their divorce in 2011. Both celebrities have appeared to move on from the split as Longoria is now reportedly dating Jose Antonio Baston, the president of Televista.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu