Taylor Swift Sings and Plays With Leukemia Patient
By Afza Fathima | August 5, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Taylor Swift spent August 3 with her six-year old fan, Jordan Lee Nickerson, who is battling leukemia at Boston's Children Hospital. His family recorded the interactions of the young singer with their son and shared it on social media. This incident will certainly bring 'teardrops' into one's eyes.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
The brave youngster is suffering from multiple illnesses like Williams Syndrome and he recently underwent open heart surgery. He has been receiving visits from Taylor Swift and Spider-Man as well.
Three videos of the seven-time Grammy winner and 24-year old pop star with the young boy was posted on Jordan's Facebook page. Taylor had been told by Jordan that he didn't know she would come. Swift had replied to him sweetly that she wanted to surprise him and play with Play-Doh and talk about Spider-Man.
Jordan made a wisecrack by saying that he knows that she likes singing songs for people. She responded by saying that she loves singing for people but what she would love to do is, sing a song for him more than all the other people. She sang "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together" for him and also played a game of air hockey.
After her visit, Jordan reacted badly to his chemotherapy treatment after which he had to receive a transfusion. Currently, to fix his lumbar puncture, he is having surgery and his father has said that he is not happy about that at all.
Swift's biggest challenge now is her acting role in the sci-fi drama, 'Rosemary in The Giver' as Jeff Bridges' daughter alongside Meryl Streep, Alexander Skarsgard and Katie Holmes which releases on August 15.
On September 19, she is performing in Las Vegas alongside Usher, Coldplay and Nicki Minaj. Also, her album produced by Max Martin and John Shellback, will be available in the fourth quarter of the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage