Taylor Swift Sings and Plays With Leukemia Patient
By Afza Fathima | August 5, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Taylor Swift spent August 3 with her six-year old fan, Jordan Lee Nickerson, who is battling leukemia at Boston's Children Hospital. His family recorded the interactions of the young singer with their son and shared it on social media. This incident will certainly bring 'teardrops' into one's eyes.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
The brave youngster is suffering from multiple illnesses like Williams Syndrome and he recently underwent open heart surgery. He has been receiving visits from Taylor Swift and Spider-Man as well.
Three videos of the seven-time Grammy winner and 24-year old pop star with the young boy was posted on Jordan's Facebook page. Taylor had been told by Jordan that he didn't know she would come. Swift had replied to him sweetly that she wanted to surprise him and play with Play-Doh and talk about Spider-Man.
Jordan made a wisecrack by saying that he knows that she likes singing songs for people. She responded by saying that she loves singing for people but what she would love to do is, sing a song for him more than all the other people. She sang "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together" for him and also played a game of air hockey.
After her visit, Jordan reacted badly to his chemotherapy treatment after which he had to receive a transfusion. Currently, to fix his lumbar puncture, he is having surgery and his father has said that he is not happy about that at all.
Swift's biggest challenge now is her acting role in the sci-fi drama, 'Rosemary in The Giver' as Jeff Bridges' daughter alongside Meryl Streep, Alexander Skarsgard and Katie Holmes which releases on August 15.
On September 19, she is performing in Las Vegas alongside Usher, Coldplay and Nicki Minaj. Also, her album produced by Max Martin and John Shellback, will be available in the fourth quarter of the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles