Hobbit 3: Difference Between Father and Son a Major Focus in the Movie [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | August 5, 2014 4:48 PM EST
"Hobbit" 3 will be released on Dec 26, 2014 in Australia. The movie may explore the different characteristics portrayed by the son, when compared to the father. Orlando Bloom confirmed that the movie will show the father-son dynamic between his character Legolas and the character's father Thranduil.
Cast member Orlando Bloom (L) smiles while being interviewed next to co-star Evangeline Lilly at a press line for "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Legolas is one character that was not expected to feature in "Hobbit." But the presence of the character has opened opportunities for the producers. Speaking to Collider, Orlando Bloom said that the new movie will show the rivalry between Legolas and Thranduil.
So far in the movies the Elves have not taken any interest in the world of men and have not helped the dwarves in their fight to reclaim their homeland. The king Thranduil is against such actions and fans have seen his son Legolas having some doubts about this approach.
Orlando Bloom also confirmed that there may be a few surprising turn of events for Legolas in the upcoming movie. He also discussed at length the use of new technology in the movie and how it will enhance the experience of the viewers.
Another character to watch closely in "Hobbit" 3 is Thorin. He had his company have managed to drive the dragon Smaug out of the Lonely Mountain. They will now have to protect their treasure from raiders who seek the riches, like the Pale Orc and his army.
Fans of the franchise who have followed the series will remember that Thorin's grandfather was an able ruler until his greed for gold turned into a sickness. He was later unable to fend off the dragon's attack, when it was drawn to the Lonely Mountain by the gold.
Now that Thorin and his friends have the treasure, will they be able to protect it? And will Thorin become like his grandfather after getting the treasure? The trailer of the movie shows the dwarves trying to rebuild their home and Thorin watching over his gold.
The trailer of "Hobbit" 3 also shows Thorin wearing a crown and choosing to go to war. The armies of the Pale Orc, Azog the Defiler, are on the march. The previous movie showed that the necromancer was in fact Sauron and the battle for the Middle Earth begins.
More Articles to Read
Star Wars 7: Sheamus Hints at Darth Vader Role [Read]
New Hero in Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Two Popular Characters to Choose From [Read]
Wolverine Going to Die: Marvel Wishes Him Happy Birthday [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage