Destiny Beta Stats Revealed by Bungie as Devs Answer More Questions; Fans Mine for More Data Post-Beta
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 3:00 PM EST
After the explosive "Destiny" beta, developer Bungie has released quite the informative infographic depicting the statistics of the beta.
In just nine days, 4,638,937 players took part in the beta. During this time, 6.5 million guardians were created with more than 88 million "Destiny" games played at this time.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
The Iron Banner was also a hit for players, as 1,010, 401 have participated in the limited event. As far as the available Crucible maps were concerned for "Destiny beta, both Alpha and Bravo received a lot of attention, the activities played alone in the latter exceeded 30 million in count. Check out the complete infographics in the link above.
What's interesting is that as far as the competitive scene for "Destiny" is concerned, Bungie seems to be very open to what the "Destiny" community will be asking for.
"You tell us. What's the competitive scene going to look like? We'll support the community however we can," said the developers over at the official 'Destiny' Blog. "While we make the game, it is the community that makes the scene."
One thing's for sure, the "Destiny" beta is looking to be far from what the "Destiny" game will be at launch, especially since Bungie has already started implementing the changes that they deem necessary to what will be featured at launch.
More Updates on Upcoming Features for 'Destiny'
Previously, it was reported that a fan has managed to mine some new information about the features and maps coming with the release of the final version of "Destiny."
It seems that there is a change in a leaked data that counts the different inclusions that "Destiny" will have at launch. Previously, it used to be believed that "Destiny" will have the following features:
- 22 story missions
- 11 Crucible maps
- 4 exploration points
- 1 raid
- 6 strikes
However, Destiny Blog has spotted a new update, from another Reddit user, who has also mined for data in "Destiny" and revealed that there are a few additions, changing the previous list to the following:
- 32 story missions
- 11 Crucible maps
- 5 exploration points
- 2 raids
- 23 strikes
This is quite the jump in offered features for "Destiny," though Bungie has yet to provide confirmations as to whether or not these mined data from the "Destiny" beta files are in any way true.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS