Destiny Beta Stats Revealed by Bungie as Devs Answer More Questions; Fans Mine for More Data Post-Beta
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 3:00 PM EST
After the explosive "Destiny" beta, developer Bungie has released quite the informative infographic depicting the statistics of the beta.
In just nine days, 4,638,937 players took part in the beta. During this time, 6.5 million guardians were created with more than 88 million "Destiny" games played at this time.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
The Iron Banner was also a hit for players, as 1,010, 401 have participated in the limited event. As far as the available Crucible maps were concerned for "Destiny beta, both Alpha and Bravo received a lot of attention, the activities played alone in the latter exceeded 30 million in count. Check out the complete infographics in the link above.
What's interesting is that as far as the competitive scene for "Destiny" is concerned, Bungie seems to be very open to what the "Destiny" community will be asking for.
"You tell us. What's the competitive scene going to look like? We'll support the community however we can," said the developers over at the official 'Destiny' Blog. "While we make the game, it is the community that makes the scene."
One thing's for sure, the "Destiny" beta is looking to be far from what the "Destiny" game will be at launch, especially since Bungie has already started implementing the changes that they deem necessary to what will be featured at launch.
More Updates on Upcoming Features for 'Destiny'
Previously, it was reported that a fan has managed to mine some new information about the features and maps coming with the release of the final version of "Destiny."
It seems that there is a change in a leaked data that counts the different inclusions that "Destiny" will have at launch. Previously, it used to be believed that "Destiny" will have the following features:
- 22 story missions
- 11 Crucible maps
- 4 exploration points
- 1 raid
- 6 strikes
However, Destiny Blog has spotted a new update, from another Reddit user, who has also mined for data in "Destiny" and revealed that there are a few additions, changing the previous list to the following:
- 32 story missions
- 11 Crucible maps
- 5 exploration points
- 2 raids
- 23 strikes
This is quite the jump in offered features for "Destiny," though Bungie has yet to provide confirmations as to whether or not these mined data from the "Destiny" beta files are in any way true.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’