Destiny Beta Stats Revealed by Bungie as Devs Answer More Questions; Fans Mine for More Data Post-Beta
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 3:00 PM EST
After the explosive "Destiny" beta, developer Bungie has released quite the informative infographic depicting the statistics of the beta.
In just nine days, 4,638,937 players took part in the beta. During this time, 6.5 million guardians were created with more than 88 million "Destiny" games played at this time.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
The Iron Banner was also a hit for players, as 1,010, 401 have participated in the limited event. As far as the available Crucible maps were concerned for "Destiny beta, both Alpha and Bravo received a lot of attention, the activities played alone in the latter exceeded 30 million in count. Check out the complete infographics in the link above.
What's interesting is that as far as the competitive scene for "Destiny" is concerned, Bungie seems to be very open to what the "Destiny" community will be asking for.
"You tell us. What's the competitive scene going to look like? We'll support the community however we can," said the developers over at the official 'Destiny' Blog. "While we make the game, it is the community that makes the scene."
One thing's for sure, the "Destiny" beta is looking to be far from what the "Destiny" game will be at launch, especially since Bungie has already started implementing the changes that they deem necessary to what will be featured at launch.
More Updates on Upcoming Features for 'Destiny'
Previously, it was reported that a fan has managed to mine some new information about the features and maps coming with the release of the final version of "Destiny."
It seems that there is a change in a leaked data that counts the different inclusions that "Destiny" will have at launch. Previously, it used to be believed that "Destiny" will have the following features:
- 22 story missions
- 11 Crucible maps
- 4 exploration points
- 1 raid
- 6 strikes
However, Destiny Blog has spotted a new update, from another Reddit user, who has also mined for data in "Destiny" and revealed that there are a few additions, changing the previous list to the following:
- 32 story missions
- 11 Crucible maps
- 5 exploration points
- 2 raids
- 23 strikes
This is quite the jump in offered features for "Destiny," though Bungie has yet to provide confirmations as to whether or not these mined data from the "Destiny" beta files are in any way true.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election