Star Wars 7: Weight Loss, Beard and Leg Injury - What the Stars Went Through So Far
By Sachin Trivedi | August 5, 2014 2:38 PM EST
Actors go to great lengths to create the magic in the movies for the fans. Here is a look at what the stars of "Star Wars" 7 have gone through so far for the movie. The three veteran actors from the original trilogy have been in news. Carrie Fisher had to lose weight, Mark Hamill and to grow a beard and Harrison Ford had a leg injury.
A person wearing a costume to resemble the Star Wars character of Boba Fett crosses the street during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 25, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Carrie Fisher plays the role of Leia Organa in "Star Wars" 7. Movie buffs who have seen the original trilogy will remember her to be the slender princess captured by Jabba the Hutt. The actress had gained a little weight since the original trilogy and according to her website she is a "failed anorexic."
The actress reportedly lost about 18 kgs since she was cast for the role of Leia in "Star Wars" 7. Fans got to see her new look when she arrived at an auction event in California in May 2014. The event was also attended by her mother Debbie Reynolds.
Mark Hamill was seen sporting a beard recently. The actor reportedly grew the beard because he was contractually obligated to do so for the upcoming movie. He will be playing the role of the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. The actor also spoke about the accident of his fellow cast member Harrison Ford.
Harrison Ford had met with a leg injury while filming a scene for "Star Wars" 7. The actor was recently seen walking about with a crutch. Mark Hamill said that he had heard that the actor was doing fine.
The production team will be taking a two week hiatus in August following the leg injury of Harrison Ford. The actor is expected to return to the sets of "Star Wars" 7 soon. The movie is set to be on track and is not expected to miss the target release date.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released on Dec 18, 2015, in Australia, Canada, U.S, UK and New Zealand. The franchise will be making a comeback after a decade. The most recent movie from the franchise was released in the year 2005 and fans are eagerly looking forward to the new movie.
More Articles to Read
Star Wars 7: Sheamus Hints at Darth Vader Role [Read]
New Hero in Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Two Popular Characters to Choose From [Read]
Wolverine Going to Die: Marvel Wishes Him Happy Birthday [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate