Star Wars 7: Weight Loss, Beard and Leg Injury - What the Stars Went Through So Far
By Sachin Trivedi | August 5, 2014 2:38 PM EST
Actors go to great lengths to create the magic in the movies for the fans. Here is a look at what the stars of "Star Wars" 7 have gone through so far for the movie. The three veteran actors from the original trilogy have been in news. Carrie Fisher had to lose weight, Mark Hamill and to grow a beard and Harrison Ford had a leg injury.
A person wearing a costume to resemble the Star Wars character of Boba Fett crosses the street during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 25, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Carrie Fisher plays the role of Leia Organa in "Star Wars" 7. Movie buffs who have seen the original trilogy will remember her to be the slender princess captured by Jabba the Hutt. The actress had gained a little weight since the original trilogy and according to her website she is a "failed anorexic."
The actress reportedly lost about 18 kgs since she was cast for the role of Leia in "Star Wars" 7. Fans got to see her new look when she arrived at an auction event in California in May 2014. The event was also attended by her mother Debbie Reynolds.
Mark Hamill was seen sporting a beard recently. The actor reportedly grew the beard because he was contractually obligated to do so for the upcoming movie. He will be playing the role of the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. The actor also spoke about the accident of his fellow cast member Harrison Ford.
Harrison Ford had met with a leg injury while filming a scene for "Star Wars" 7. The actor was recently seen walking about with a crutch. Mark Hamill said that he had heard that the actor was doing fine.
The production team will be taking a two week hiatus in August following the leg injury of Harrison Ford. The actor is expected to return to the sets of "Star Wars" 7 soon. The movie is set to be on track and is not expected to miss the target release date.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released on Dec 18, 2015, in Australia, Canada, U.S, UK and New Zealand. The franchise will be making a comeback after a decade. The most recent movie from the franchise was released in the year 2005 and fans are eagerly looking forward to the new movie.
More Articles to Read
Star Wars 7: Sheamus Hints at Darth Vader Role [Read]
New Hero in Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Two Popular Characters to Choose From [Read]
Wolverine Going to Die: Marvel Wishes Him Happy Birthday [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions