Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Possible as its Own Series; Ghosts Still Kicking with Final Nemesis DLC
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 1:59 PM EST
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" continues to receive praise and anticipation even before the expected reveal of the multiplayer this coming August 11, but already, the developers are looking at the game's future.
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
In an interview with TrustedReviews, Sledgehammer Games revealed that they have put some thought in the possibility that "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will become its own sub-series.
"We are very focused on finishing Advanced Warfare right now but yeah, that [having Advanced Warfare start a new sub-series in the Call of Duty franchise] would be great," Aaron Halon, Director of Product Development at Sledgehammer Games said speaking with TrustedReviews.
Given that it is touted to be a game-changer for the franchise and with the new environment set in the future, it won't be a surprise if this does prove to be a possibility in the future.
But Sledgehammer has given the decision to Activision alone, stating that everything is in their power on whether a sub-series for the "Advanced Warfare" will become a possibility.
Before even delving into the future of the franchise, however, the developers have assured fans that they will be listening to all the feedback that they can gather, to ensure that they improve "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" according to the wants of the fans.
'Call of Duty: Ghosts' Introduces Final DLC as 'Nemesis'
Before getting into the groove of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," Infinity Ward has recently announced the final DLC pack that will be coming to the current installment of the COD game, "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
Dubbed as "Nemesis," the DLC pack will introduce four multiplayer maps plus the closing chapter for Extinction.
IGN has obtained the details for the maps including the names and details. The first is Goldrush, which will feature a gold mine, mine carts, and traversing adventures. There's also Dynasty, which is set in a Chinese village and will bring in the Harrier Air Strike kill streak. Subzero deals with submarine base that will have a new kill streak involving a blizzard and some supernatural spirits. Lastly, the Shipment map from "COD 4: Modern Warfare" will see a reimagined cameo in Showtime, which is a last-man standing map and death arena.
Since this is also the final "Call of Duty: Ghosts" DLC, Extinction will find its closure with Exodus, pitting you against aliens and other enemies.
All of these will be available for $15, and as usual, Xbox One and Xbox 360 players will get the timed-exclusive access starting August 5.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar