Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Possible as its Own Series; Ghosts Still Kicking with Final Nemesis DLC
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 1:59 PM EST
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" continues to receive praise and anticipation even before the expected reveal of the multiplayer this coming August 11, but already, the developers are looking at the game's future.
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
In an interview with TrustedReviews, Sledgehammer Games revealed that they have put some thought in the possibility that "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will become its own sub-series.
"We are very focused on finishing Advanced Warfare right now but yeah, that [having Advanced Warfare start a new sub-series in the Call of Duty franchise] would be great," Aaron Halon, Director of Product Development at Sledgehammer Games said speaking with TrustedReviews.
Given that it is touted to be a game-changer for the franchise and with the new environment set in the future, it won't be a surprise if this does prove to be a possibility in the future.
But Sledgehammer has given the decision to Activision alone, stating that everything is in their power on whether a sub-series for the "Advanced Warfare" will become a possibility.
Before even delving into the future of the franchise, however, the developers have assured fans that they will be listening to all the feedback that they can gather, to ensure that they improve "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" according to the wants of the fans.
'Call of Duty: Ghosts' Introduces Final DLC as 'Nemesis'
Before getting into the groove of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," Infinity Ward has recently announced the final DLC pack that will be coming to the current installment of the COD game, "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
Dubbed as "Nemesis," the DLC pack will introduce four multiplayer maps plus the closing chapter for Extinction.
IGN has obtained the details for the maps including the names and details. The first is Goldrush, which will feature a gold mine, mine carts, and traversing adventures. There's also Dynasty, which is set in a Chinese village and will bring in the Harrier Air Strike kill streak. Subzero deals with submarine base that will have a new kill streak involving a blizzard and some supernatural spirits. Lastly, the Shipment map from "COD 4: Modern Warfare" will see a reimagined cameo in Showtime, which is a last-man standing map and death arena.
Since this is also the final "Call of Duty: Ghosts" DLC, Extinction will find its closure with Exodus, pitting you against aliens and other enemies.
All of these will be available for $15, and as usual, Xbox One and Xbox 360 players will get the timed-exclusive access starting August 5.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia