Kate Middleton Solo Malta Trip, Duchess to Represent Queen Elizabeth [PHOTOS]
August 5, 2014 1:48 PM EST
Kate Middleton Solo Malta Trip, Duchess to Represent Queen of Elizabeth [PHOTOS]
Set to make her first solo trip without her husband Prince William, Kate Middleton is scheduled to visit Malta as Queen Elizabeth's representative at the celebrations to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Malta's independence. Confirmed by Kensington Palace on July 22, the Duchess will be in the exotic country on Sept. 20 and 21 the after royal couple will take their month-long vacation.
The Mediterranean country is close to Queen Elizabeth's heart when she and husband Prince Philip used to live in Malta like a normal young couple. While the Duke of Edinburgh discovered his life-ling love of Polo, the young Queen Elizabeth went out shopping and even went to visit hairdressers with other young officer's wives. She even enjoyed some parties, swimming expeditions, picnics and boat trips she never experienced when she was in England.
"The Queen considers their time there as one of the happiest periods of her life as it was their only experience of living like an 'ordinary' couple," Daily Mail reports. "Although they were accompanied to the island by a retinue which included an equerry, a valet, a lady-in-waiting, and the Princess's childhood nanny, as well as their ever-present police bodyguards, the newly-weds were pretty much free to come and go as they pleased.
Representing the Queen for her first solo trip, the 32-year-old brunette will travel to the country's capital, Valleta, where the Queen spend two years living the Maltese capital in the 50's when Philip was part of the crew of destroyer HMS Cherquers. Her upcoming trip will slam all rumours that Kate is not in good terms with Queen Elizabeth, assigning her to go to Malta in behalf of her only shows her confidence to Prince William's wife.
"Malta, which famously won a George Cross for its people's bravery during WWII - when it was pulverised by the Luftwaffe - is close to the Queen's heart," Mirror reports. The last time that Queen visited Malta with Prince Philip was in 2007, to mark the royal couple's diamond wedding anniversary.
"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Malta on 20th and 21st September 2014 to represent Her Majesty The Queen on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Malta's independence," according to Kensington Place statement. "Further details will be announced in due course."
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks