Mess With Bulls, Beware of the Horns: Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier Brawl During Photoshoot [VIDEO]
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 5, 2014 1:20 PM EST
They square off. They measure up. They stare down. And just sometimes, they go full battle mode.
Yahoo! Sports reports that UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier were just scheduled for a photo shoot to promote their upcoming UFC 178 title fight on September 27. Instead, media and spectators alike were treated to a full street brawl as emotions ran high and testosterone prevailed.
YClutching his belt on his right shoulder and sporting some dark shades, Jones (20-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) approached Cormier (15-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) at the center and appeared to slightly butt his heads with the two-time Olympian. Cormier did not appreciate the gesture and took offense grabbed Jines by the neck and shoved him. Naturally, the reigning champ retaliated and full blown fight erupted with both handlers struggling to separate the two athletes.
During the commotion, the stage's backdrop tumbled and both fighters fell off the stage. Luckily, both fighters did not sustain any serious injury due to the melee, but they will still have to face some sanctions that will be brought down by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The immediate reaction of the social media community was divided with some calling the actions unprofessional and other getting excited of what's to come in the actual bout. The MMA community and followers of the athletes took to Twitter their reactions:
Watch the video of the brawl between Jonny Bones and Cormier:
(Video Courtesy of: Youtube/MMAWeekly.com)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows