Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini vs. BlackBerry Z10 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 5, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Released six months apart both the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and BlackBerry Z10 come with their respective advantages and disadvantages. Here is a look at the specs and price of the both the devices for readers who wish to chose between the two devices.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a 4.2-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels.
The BlackBerry Z10 is the clear winner in this category with 355 ppi pixels display density compared to the 256 ppi pixels display density on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini measures 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm and weighs 107 grams. The BlackBerry Z10 is bigger and wider measuring 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm. The device is also heavier, weighing 137.5.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The BlackBerry Z10 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with a 16 GB internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1.5 GB of RAM. The BlackBerry Z10 runs on the BlackBerry 10 operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The BlackBerry Z10 also sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours on 3G. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the BlackBerry Z10 4G LTE is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’