Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini vs. BlackBerry Z10 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 5, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Released six months apart both the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and BlackBerry Z10 come with their respective advantages and disadvantages. Here is a look at the specs and price of the both the devices for readers who wish to chose between the two devices.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a 4.2-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels.
The BlackBerry Z10 is the clear winner in this category with 355 ppi pixels display density compared to the 256 ppi pixels display density on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini measures 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm and weighs 107 grams. The BlackBerry Z10 is bigger and wider measuring 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm. The device is also heavier, weighing 137.5.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The BlackBerry Z10 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with a 16 GB internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1.5 GB of RAM. The BlackBerry Z10 runs on the BlackBerry 10 operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The BlackBerry Z10 also sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours on 3G. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the BlackBerry Z10 4G LTE is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar