Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini vs. BlackBerry Z10 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 5, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Released six months apart both the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and BlackBerry Z10 come with their respective advantages and disadvantages. Here is a look at the specs and price of the both the devices for readers who wish to chose between the two devices.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a 4.2-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels.
The BlackBerry Z10 is the clear winner in this category with 355 ppi pixels display density compared to the 256 ppi pixels display density on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini measures 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm and weighs 107 grams. The BlackBerry Z10 is bigger and wider measuring 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm. The device is also heavier, weighing 137.5.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The BlackBerry Z10 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with a 16 GB internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1.5 GB of RAM. The BlackBerry Z10 runs on the BlackBerry 10 operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The BlackBerry Z10 also sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours on 3G. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the BlackBerry Z10 4G LTE is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build