Video: Vin Diesel Admits He Still Mourns Paul Walker's Death, 'It's a Heavy Thing'
By Tanya Diente | August 5, 2014 1:12 PM EST
"Fast and the Furious 7" has already wrapped up its production and along with it the reminder of Paul Walker's tragic death, which Vin Diesel admits was a "heavy thing" that he still mourns over till this day.
Actor Vin Diesel poses for a portrait while promoting his upcoming movie "Riddick" in Los Angeles, California August 27, 2013. In "Riddick," which opens Friday, Diesel's ex-convict character leaves his comfortable world as leader of the Necromonger death race to search for his homeland. Once double-crossed and left for dead, he resolves to rebuild himself, both physically and morally, but must do battle against beasts and bounty hunters. Picture taken August 27, 2013.
Vin Diesel still mourns the loss of his dear friend and former "Fast and the Furious" co-star Paul Walker. According to US Weekly, the actor recently spoke about his grief over Walker's death in "Live! with Kelly and Michael."
"It's a heavy thing," he said.
"I grew up in the bouncer world, and we lost people while we were bouncing. But the brotherhood in Paul Walker was something completely different," he added.
He also recalled his times with the late actor and how they've always been "together" in the movie business.
"We grew up in the business together, and we became famous together, and we represented the biggest franchise together," he said.
Vin Diesel still mourns the death of not just a friend but someone he calls his "partner." He referred to the loss as "one of the darker moments" in his "journey."
"It's a rough one," he said to Ripa and Strahan.
The 46-year old action star admitted that although he has been acting for a long time, he wasn't taught in acting how "to mourn someone and simultaneously pretend they're in a scene with you."
When Paul Walker died in a car crash on November last year, filming for "Fast and the Furious 7" was already ongoing and he had a few scenes left to shoot. Thus, his brothers Caleb and Cody were cast to replace the late actor's character as Brian O'Conner and they reportedly bonded with Vin Diesel on set.
According to Inquisitr, when Diesel had learned of Paul Walker's death he instantly flew to console his friend's mother. But he ended up being comforted by her. He later shared this heart-wrenching moment on his Facebook page where he wrote, "I thought they needed my strength, but realized when I got there and broke down before his family, that it was I who needed theirs."
Vin Diesel recalled being hugged by Paul Walker's mom and to his surprise was also told "I'm sorry." He wrote, "I said sorry? You're the mother who lost a son?... She said yes, but you lost your other half."
To this day, US reported Vin Diesel still continues to share positive messages about Paul Walker on his Facebook even after his friend's death.
Source: YouTube/LIVE with Kelly and Michael
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan