Video: Vin Diesel Admits He Still Mourns Paul Walker's Death, 'It's a Heavy Thing'
By Tanya Diente | August 5, 2014 1:12 PM EST
"Fast and the Furious 7" has already wrapped up its production and along with it the reminder of Paul Walker's tragic death, which Vin Diesel admits was a "heavy thing" that he still mourns over till this day.
Actor Vin Diesel poses for a portrait while promoting his upcoming movie "Riddick" in Los Angeles, California August 27, 2013. In "Riddick," which opens Friday, Diesel's ex-convict character leaves his comfortable world as leader of the Necromonger death race to search for his homeland. Once double-crossed and left for dead, he resolves to rebuild himself, both physically and morally, but must do battle against beasts and bounty hunters. Picture taken August 27, 2013.
Vin Diesel still mourns the loss of his dear friend and former "Fast and the Furious" co-star Paul Walker. According to US Weekly, the actor recently spoke about his grief over Walker's death in "Live! with Kelly and Michael."
"It's a heavy thing," he said.
"I grew up in the bouncer world, and we lost people while we were bouncing. But the brotherhood in Paul Walker was something completely different," he added.
He also recalled his times with the late actor and how they've always been "together" in the movie business.
"We grew up in the business together, and we became famous together, and we represented the biggest franchise together," he said.
Vin Diesel still mourns the death of not just a friend but someone he calls his "partner." He referred to the loss as "one of the darker moments" in his "journey."
"It's a rough one," he said to Ripa and Strahan.
The 46-year old action star admitted that although he has been acting for a long time, he wasn't taught in acting how "to mourn someone and simultaneously pretend they're in a scene with you."
When Paul Walker died in a car crash on November last year, filming for "Fast and the Furious 7" was already ongoing and he had a few scenes left to shoot. Thus, his brothers Caleb and Cody were cast to replace the late actor's character as Brian O'Conner and they reportedly bonded with Vin Diesel on set.
According to Inquisitr, when Diesel had learned of Paul Walker's death he instantly flew to console his friend's mother. But he ended up being comforted by her. He later shared this heart-wrenching moment on his Facebook page where he wrote, "I thought they needed my strength, but realized when I got there and broke down before his family, that it was I who needed theirs."
Vin Diesel recalled being hugged by Paul Walker's mom and to his surprise was also told "I'm sorry." He wrote, "I said sorry? You're the mother who lost a son?... She said yes, but you lost your other half."
To this day, US reported Vin Diesel still continues to share positive messages about Paul Walker on his Facebook even after his friend's death.
Source: YouTube/LIVE with Kelly and Michael
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists