Video: Vin Diesel Admits He Still Mourns Paul Walker's Death, 'It's a Heavy Thing'
By Tanya Diente | August 5, 2014 1:12 PM EST
"Fast and the Furious 7" has already wrapped up its production and along with it the reminder of Paul Walker's tragic death, which Vin Diesel admits was a "heavy thing" that he still mourns over till this day.
Actor Vin Diesel poses for a portrait while promoting his upcoming movie "Riddick" in Los Angeles, California August 27, 2013. In "Riddick," which opens Friday, Diesel's ex-convict character leaves his comfortable world as leader of the Necromonger death race to search for his homeland. Once double-crossed and left for dead, he resolves to rebuild himself, both physically and morally, but must do battle against beasts and bounty hunters. Picture taken August 27, 2013.
Vin Diesel still mourns the loss of his dear friend and former "Fast and the Furious" co-star Paul Walker. According to US Weekly, the actor recently spoke about his grief over Walker's death in "Live! with Kelly and Michael."
"It's a heavy thing," he said.
"I grew up in the bouncer world, and we lost people while we were bouncing. But the brotherhood in Paul Walker was something completely different," he added.
He also recalled his times with the late actor and how they've always been "together" in the movie business.
"We grew up in the business together, and we became famous together, and we represented the biggest franchise together," he said.
Vin Diesel still mourns the death of not just a friend but someone he calls his "partner." He referred to the loss as "one of the darker moments" in his "journey."
"It's a rough one," he said to Ripa and Strahan.
The 46-year old action star admitted that although he has been acting for a long time, he wasn't taught in acting how "to mourn someone and simultaneously pretend they're in a scene with you."
When Paul Walker died in a car crash on November last year, filming for "Fast and the Furious 7" was already ongoing and he had a few scenes left to shoot. Thus, his brothers Caleb and Cody were cast to replace the late actor's character as Brian O'Conner and they reportedly bonded with Vin Diesel on set.
According to Inquisitr, when Diesel had learned of Paul Walker's death he instantly flew to console his friend's mother. But he ended up being comforted by her. He later shared this heart-wrenching moment on his Facebook page where he wrote, "I thought they needed my strength, but realized when I got there and broke down before his family, that it was I who needed theirs."
Vin Diesel recalled being hugged by Paul Walker's mom and to his surprise was also told "I'm sorry." He wrote, "I said sorry? You're the mother who lost a son?... She said yes, but you lost your other half."
To this day, US reported Vin Diesel still continues to share positive messages about Paul Walker on his Facebook even after his friend's death.
Source: YouTube/LIVE with Kelly and Michael
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues