Video: Vin Diesel Admits He Still Mourns Paul Walker's Death, 'It's a Heavy Thing'
By Tanya Diente | August 5, 2014 1:12 PM EST
"Fast and the Furious 7" has already wrapped up its production and along with it the reminder of Paul Walker's tragic death, which Vin Diesel admits was a "heavy thing" that he still mourns over till this day.
Actor Vin Diesel poses for a portrait while promoting his upcoming movie "Riddick" in Los Angeles, California August 27, 2013. In "Riddick," which opens Friday, Diesel's ex-convict character leaves his comfortable world as leader of the Necromonger death race to search for his homeland. Once double-crossed and left for dead, he resolves to rebuild himself, both physically and morally, but must do battle against beasts and bounty hunters. Picture taken August 27, 2013.
Vin Diesel still mourns the loss of his dear friend and former "Fast and the Furious" co-star Paul Walker. According to US Weekly, the actor recently spoke about his grief over Walker's death in "Live! with Kelly and Michael."
"It's a heavy thing," he said.
"I grew up in the bouncer world, and we lost people while we were bouncing. But the brotherhood in Paul Walker was something completely different," he added.
He also recalled his times with the late actor and how they've always been "together" in the movie business.
"We grew up in the business together, and we became famous together, and we represented the biggest franchise together," he said.
Vin Diesel still mourns the death of not just a friend but someone he calls his "partner." He referred to the loss as "one of the darker moments" in his "journey."
"It's a rough one," he said to Ripa and Strahan.
The 46-year old action star admitted that although he has been acting for a long time, he wasn't taught in acting how "to mourn someone and simultaneously pretend they're in a scene with you."
When Paul Walker died in a car crash on November last year, filming for "Fast and the Furious 7" was already ongoing and he had a few scenes left to shoot. Thus, his brothers Caleb and Cody were cast to replace the late actor's character as Brian O'Conner and they reportedly bonded with Vin Diesel on set.
According to Inquisitr, when Diesel had learned of Paul Walker's death he instantly flew to console his friend's mother. But he ended up being comforted by her. He later shared this heart-wrenching moment on his Facebook page where he wrote, "I thought they needed my strength, but realized when I got there and broke down before his family, that it was I who needed theirs."
Vin Diesel recalled being hugged by Paul Walker's mom and to his surprise was also told "I'm sorry." He wrote, "I said sorry? You're the mother who lost a son?... She said yes, but you lost your other half."
To this day, US reported Vin Diesel still continues to share positive messages about Paul Walker on his Facebook even after his friend's death.
Source: YouTube/LIVE with Kelly and Michael
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change