Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Rock with Killer Camera, Improved Battery Life & High-End GPU
By Erik Pineda | August 5, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Screenshot from YouTube Video
Concept video of Nexus 6, uploaded on YouTube by CTNtechnologynews.
Marques Brownlee's YouTube clip, uploaded on August 3, discussed the rocking features that would make the next Nexus easily beat the competition, iOS and Android alike - a wish list in fact that zeroes in on the smartphone functions that really matter to end-users.
Major Android app camera upgrade
The Nexus phone shooter, that includes the Nexus 4 and 5, has been perennially overwhelmed by its rivals and Brownlee stressed that the fault lies not on the hardware. The stock Android camera software simply needs the big bump if Google really would want a formidable device in the Nexus 6.
The fifth Nexus smartphone has an 8MP rear cam and is equivalent with that of the iPhone 5S but the latter is miles away, Brownlee said. It is near certain that for the sixth version, video and image capturing will be a more delightful camera experience with the Nexus 6 and with the possibility of Android L on-board, Brownlee is optimistic.
Longer operating hours
Speaking of Android L, the software requires a bit more of fine-tuning so that in the final cut it will load faster than its immediate predecessor - KitKat. At its present form, the upcoming Android is relatively sluggish, which unnecessarily eats up battery juice, Brownlee observed.
And to really raise the bar and give more hours of enjoyment to would-be Nexus 6 owners, it would be a quite a boost if the upcoming gadget is paired with a battery rating that starts at 2800mAh, Brownlee said, adding that a 3000mAh source of energy juice is tantamount to heaven.
Titanic graphic engine
Lastly, the Nexus 6 would readily ascend to Rockstar status if Google would throw in the best GPU available with the device, Brownlee suggests. It is no secret that the Nexus line of devices is adored by power Android users, who assumingly regard the hardware as a major plaything.
So a Nexus 6 that boasts of a top-notch graphic to fire up the screen is a treat that Android fans will surely embrace.
Expected to show off a mix of killer Android L features and upscale components, the Google Nexus 6 release date is forecasted to happen either on late October or early November 2014 with Motorola being rumoured lately to deliver the device with a 5.9-inch phablet-size screen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight