PS4 at Gamescom: Uncharted 4 and New Games, Driveclub Details and a Playable Journey
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 1:06 PM EST
With quite a number of leaks and new details for a number of PS4 games, Gamescom has become a possible venue for Sony to give fans more details on its upcoming plans and titles.
A man plays a video game on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console at its showroom in Tokyo July 16, 2014. Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation. Sony plans to reposition the video console warhorse as a hub for a network of streamed services, according to three senior officials, offering social media, movies and music as well as games. The executives spoke to Reuters on condition they not be named because the matters are still in early stages of discussion. Picture taken July 16, 2014. REUTERS/Yuya Shino (JAPAN - Tags: BUSINESS)
Debates have been ongoing to see if "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End," one of the awaited games on the PS4, will indeed feature more details at Gamescom 2014. Gamingbolt chips in on the matter, stating that it may take some more time before new footage for "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End" becomes available. But a teaser footage isn't out of the question, just so the hype won't die down between the time for the next gaming convention rolls in.
There's also talk of a possible spotlight on indie games again, such as "The Witness." Considering that Xbox One is now putting more fuel to its ID@Xbox independent game selection, Sony may want to bring back its indie game scene to ensure that it retains its dominance in that area as well.
Apart from these, the previously reported leaked listings for titles like "Journey" and "Until Dawn" have also been gathering buzz, coincidentally nearing the time for Gamescom 2014.
GamingEverything has even proposed a possible lineup for Sony, which includes quite a long list of titles for the PS4 alone. These include the following titles:
- Battlefield Hardline
- WWE 2K15
- Far Cry 4
- Disney Infinity 2
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition
- The Order: 1886
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept
- Minecraft PS4 Edition
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- inFamous: First Light
The Last of Us Remastered
Even the rumoured titles, "The Unfinished Swan," "Until Dawn" and "Journey" have all been included in the supposed lineup.
The source of all these leaks is a NeoGAF member who listed the game titles. Sony has not yet provided a concrete schedule for its Gamescom program, but if these are just some of the games coming to the PS4, Gamescom is indeed something to look forward to.
'Driveclub' at Gamescom 2014: More Details Coming
Another one of the games that Sony has been visibly hyping up for Gamescom 2014 is "Driveclub," which has seen quite a delay but has since then received a number of new updates and features.
The latest update comes from game director Paul Rustchynsky, as he shares a few more details about the game. Gamepur spotted the Twitter conversation with fans, which discussed the lack of support for the PS4 Eye camera.
"No headtracking. You'll hear more from us from Gamescom onwards," Rustchynsky said via Twitter as quoted by Gamepur.
Other new details include the fact that there will be 12 cars per track as well as the fact that there won't be any technology featuring 3-D support. Sony did promise that Driveclub will be coming to Gamescom 2014, so better expect quite a show for this title
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’