PS4 at Gamescom: Uncharted 4 and New Games, Driveclub Details and a Playable Journey
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 1:06 PM EST
With quite a number of leaks and new details for a number of PS4 games, Gamescom has become a possible venue for Sony to give fans more details on its upcoming plans and titles.
A man plays a video game on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console at its showroom in Tokyo July 16, 2014. Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation. Sony plans to reposition the video console warhorse as a hub for a network of streamed services, according to three senior officials, offering social media, movies and music as well as games. The executives spoke to Reuters on condition they not be named because the matters are still in early stages of discussion. Picture taken July 16, 2014. REUTERS/Yuya Shino (JAPAN - Tags: BUSINESS)
Debates have been ongoing to see if "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End," one of the awaited games on the PS4, will indeed feature more details at Gamescom 2014. Gamingbolt chips in on the matter, stating that it may take some more time before new footage for "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End" becomes available. But a teaser footage isn't out of the question, just so the hype won't die down between the time for the next gaming convention rolls in.
There's also talk of a possible spotlight on indie games again, such as "The Witness." Considering that Xbox One is now putting more fuel to its ID@Xbox independent game selection, Sony may want to bring back its indie game scene to ensure that it retains its dominance in that area as well.
Apart from these, the previously reported leaked listings for titles like "Journey" and "Until Dawn" have also been gathering buzz, coincidentally nearing the time for Gamescom 2014.
GamingEverything has even proposed a possible lineup for Sony, which includes quite a long list of titles for the PS4 alone. These include the following titles:
- Battlefield Hardline
- WWE 2K15
- Far Cry 4
- Disney Infinity 2
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition
- The Order: 1886
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept
- Minecraft PS4 Edition
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- inFamous: First Light
The Last of Us Remastered
Even the rumoured titles, "The Unfinished Swan," "Until Dawn" and "Journey" have all been included in the supposed lineup.
The source of all these leaks is a NeoGAF member who listed the game titles. Sony has not yet provided a concrete schedule for its Gamescom program, but if these are just some of the games coming to the PS4, Gamescom is indeed something to look forward to.
'Driveclub' at Gamescom 2014: More Details Coming
Another one of the games that Sony has been visibly hyping up for Gamescom 2014 is "Driveclub," which has seen quite a delay but has since then received a number of new updates and features.
The latest update comes from game director Paul Rustchynsky, as he shares a few more details about the game. Gamepur spotted the Twitter conversation with fans, which discussed the lack of support for the PS4 Eye camera.
"No headtracking. You'll hear more from us from Gamescom onwards," Rustchynsky said via Twitter as quoted by Gamepur.
Other new details include the fact that there will be 12 cars per track as well as the fact that there won't be any technology featuring 3-D support. Sony did promise that Driveclub will be coming to Gamescom 2014, so better expect quite a show for this title
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report