Sony Xperia Z2 New Firmware Certified by PTCRB and Android 4.4.4 KitKat Still Not Found
By Ryan Inoyori | August 5, 2014 1:01 PM EST
New firmware for Sony Xperia Z2 has been certified by PTCRB with build version 17.1.2.A.0.323 as an incremental upgrade for the previous version. However, it remains Android 4.4.2 KitKat software and users will need to wait a little longer for Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
Sony Xperia Z2 New Firmware Certified
PTCRB certified a new firmware version for Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 having the build number 17.1.2.A.0.323. It remains Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on the numerical code used if compared with the previous 17.1.2.A.0.314 build version.
Sony Mobile recently released the 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware build for Sony Xperia Z2 in order to bring several changes and improvements based on the official support page:
- Enhanced voice call quality
- Improved touch function and performance
- Improved charging when battery is low
- Improved overall performance and stability
- All the latest bug fixes and improvements
XperiaBlog claims that the 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware does not have the "Apps to SD card" feature found on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra Dual. Users of Sony Xperia Z2 can download and install the 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware update via Over the Air service using the Update Centre app and Sony's PC and MAC suites.
This is also the same firmware released for the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE variant or SGP521 model. Unfortunately, owners of Xperia Z2 will need to wait a little longer for the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update.
Download and Installation
Users can download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat 17.1.2.A.0.314 build version using the Update Centre app on the Xperia Z2 or Sony PC Companion for Windows PC or Sony Bridge for MAC.
A. Using Update Centre app
1. Connect the smartphone to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Apps Manager/Drawer.
3. Tap on the Update Centre. Hit the 'Refresh icon' to manually search for update.
4. Once the notification appears on the display, read the details and follow the instructions provided.
5. Make sure that the device has at least 50 per cent battery level before installing the update.
6. Installation of the update will restart the device and do not interrupt the process.
B. Using PC Suites
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion for Windows PC or Sony Bridge for MAC to a computer.
2. Launch the PC suite on the computer.
3. Connect the Sony Xperia Z2 using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
4. A notification will appear on the interface of the Sony PC suite about a new firmware.
5. Follow the instructions provided by the program to download and install the update.
6. Do not disconnect the device or switch off the computer using installation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu