Sony Xperia Z2 New Firmware Certified by PTCRB and Android 4.4.4 KitKat Still Not Found
By Ryan Inoyori | August 5, 2014 1:01 PM EST
New firmware for Sony Xperia Z2 has been certified by PTCRB with build version 17.1.2.A.0.323 as an incremental upgrade for the previous version. However, it remains Android 4.4.2 KitKat software and users will need to wait a little longer for Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
Sony Xperia Z2 New Firmware Certified
PTCRB certified a new firmware version for Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 having the build number 17.1.2.A.0.323. It remains Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on the numerical code used if compared with the previous 17.1.2.A.0.314 build version.
Sony Mobile recently released the 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware build for Sony Xperia Z2 in order to bring several changes and improvements based on the official support page:
- Enhanced voice call quality
- Improved touch function and performance
- Improved charging when battery is low
- Improved overall performance and stability
- All the latest bug fixes and improvements
XperiaBlog claims that the 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware does not have the "Apps to SD card" feature found on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra Dual. Users of Sony Xperia Z2 can download and install the 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware update via Over the Air service using the Update Centre app and Sony's PC and MAC suites.
This is also the same firmware released for the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE variant or SGP521 model. Unfortunately, owners of Xperia Z2 will need to wait a little longer for the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update.
Download and Installation
Users can download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat 17.1.2.A.0.314 build version using the Update Centre app on the Xperia Z2 or Sony PC Companion for Windows PC or Sony Bridge for MAC.
A. Using Update Centre app
1. Connect the smartphone to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Apps Manager/Drawer.
3. Tap on the Update Centre. Hit the 'Refresh icon' to manually search for update.
4. Once the notification appears on the display, read the details and follow the instructions provided.
5. Make sure that the device has at least 50 per cent battery level before installing the update.
6. Installation of the update will restart the device and do not interrupt the process.
B. Using PC Suites
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion for Windows PC or Sony Bridge for MAC to a computer.
2. Launch the PC suite on the computer.
3. Connect the Sony Xperia Z2 using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
4. A notification will appear on the interface of the Sony PC suite about a new firmware.
5. Follow the instructions provided by the program to download and install the update.
6. Do not disconnect the device or switch off the computer using installation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown