‘Doctor Who’ Star Billie Piper Involved in Car-Bicycle Crash That Injures Cyclist, 16
By Anne Lu | August 5, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Billie Piper has been involved in a vehicle accident that seriously injured a cyclist. The former “Doctor Who” star was questioned by the police in London on Tuesday.
It was reported on that July 29, the 31-year-old singer/actress was travelling in her Volkswagen Golf with her two sons, 5-year-old Winston and 2-year-old Eugene, when her car collided with a 16-year-old male cyclist.
She apparently attempted a U-turn on a steep section of the road behind King’s Cross station in Camden, driving at less than five miles per hour, while the cyclist was travelling fast downhill. He slammed into the back of Piper’s car on Goods Way, and was then thrown to the ground.
An eyewitness then called emergency. Soon after, the teenager was treated by the London Ambulance Service for severe shoulder injury, and was subsequently taken to the University College Hospital for further treatment.
According to the Mail on Sunday, the cyclist was not wearing a helmet.
Piper was questioned at the scene, but was allowed to go after. No arrest has been made.
She travelled to the National Theatre in South Bank to perform in the play “Great Britain.” However, she was so shaken by the accident that it was decided her understudy Jo Dockery should take her place hat evening.
She took over the role once again the following evening.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they are investigating the accident.
“Police were called to Goods Way, King’s Cross, by the London Ambulance Service at 15:56 hrs on Tuesday, July 29 to reports of a road traffic collision between a motor vehicle and a cylist. The driver of the vehicle was female. Enquiries continue. No further details at this stage,” a spokesman said.
It is yet to be decided if Piper’s driving was dangerous.
Piper currently stars as Paige Britain, an ambitious news editor of a fictional tabloid, in the West End play “Great Britain.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Indonesia Uses Russian-Built Fighter Jets In Chasing For Australian Plane
- Move Over, Jeremy Meeks; Brazil Has A Handsome Crook With 39 Murders On Record
- Islamic State: Aussie Terrorism Suspect Was In Same Video When Runaway Teenager Threatened PM Abbott
- Islamic State: From Beheading Men, IS Moves To Stoning Adulteress To Death
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]