‘Doctor Who’ Star Billie Piper Involved in Car-Bicycle Crash That Injures Cyclist, 16
By Anne Lu | August 5, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Billie Piper has been involved in a vehicle accident that seriously injured a cyclist. The former “Doctor Who” star was questioned by the police in London on Tuesday.
It was reported on that July 29, the 31-year-old singer/actress was travelling in her Volkswagen Golf with her two sons, 5-year-old Winston and 2-year-old Eugene, when her car collided with a 16-year-old male cyclist.
She apparently attempted a U-turn on a steep section of the road behind King’s Cross station in Camden, driving at less than five miles per hour, while the cyclist was travelling fast downhill. He slammed into the back of Piper’s car on Goods Way, and was then thrown to the ground.
An eyewitness then called emergency. Soon after, the teenager was treated by the London Ambulance Service for severe shoulder injury, and was subsequently taken to the University College Hospital for further treatment.
According to the Mail on Sunday, the cyclist was not wearing a helmet.
Piper was questioned at the scene, but was allowed to go after. No arrest has been made.
She travelled to the National Theatre in South Bank to perform in the play “Great Britain.” However, she was so shaken by the accident that it was decided her understudy Jo Dockery should take her place hat evening.
She took over the role once again the following evening.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they are investigating the accident.
“Police were called to Goods Way, King’s Cross, by the London Ambulance Service at 15:56 hrs on Tuesday, July 29 to reports of a road traffic collision between a motor vehicle and a cylist. The driver of the vehicle was female. Enquiries continue. No further details at this stage,” a spokesman said.
It is yet to be decided if Piper’s driving was dangerous.
Piper currently stars as Paige Britain, an ambitious news editor of a fictional tabloid, in the West End play “Great Britain.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border