iPhone 5S vs. Nokia Lumia 925 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 5, 2014 12:37 PM EST
In spite of their huge price difference the iPhone 5S and the Nokia Lumia 925 have comparable specs. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A staff of a China Mobile shop explains a function of the iPhone 5s to a customer in Beijing January 17, 2014. Apple Inc is finally launching its iPhone on China Mobile Ltd's vast network on Friday, opening the door to the world's largest carrier's 763 million subscribers and giving its China sales a short-term jolt. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Display and Design
The iPhone 5S comes with a 4-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 640 x 1136 pixels. The Nokia Lumia 925 comes with a 4.5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Lumia 925 has a slight edge with 332 ppi pixels display density compared to the 326 ppi pixels display density on the iPhone 5S.
The iPhone 5S measures 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm and weighs 112 grams. The Nokia Lumia 925 is bigger, wider and thicker measuring 129 x 70.6 x 8.5 mm. The devices is also heavier, weighing 139 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The iPhone 5S is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core Cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Nokia Lumia 925 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 16 GB internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The iPhone 5S runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Nokia Lumia 925 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system and also has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The iPhone 5S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP. The Nokia Lumia 925 sports an 8 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The iPhone 5S comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1560 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours on 3G or music play of about 40 hours. The Nokia Lumia 925 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours and 40 minutes on 3G or music play of about 55 hours.
Price in Australia
The iPhone 5S 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $839.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $919.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $1,039.95. The Nokia Lumia 925 4G LTE is priced at around AU $329.95 in Australia.
HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899