Adrienne Bailon Fires Back at Kim Kardashian via Instagram after Kim's Twitter Attack
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 5, 2014 12:28 PM EST
The drama between the Kardashians and Robert Kardashian's ex-girlfriend Adrienne Bailon is continuing to heat up with both sides refusing to let up. The barrage of social media crossfire continues and this time, Adrienne took to Twitter to fire back at the famous family.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California, March 2, 2014.
"Fame and a Career are two different things. I've always had a career. I have been working hard since I was 15 years old," started Adrienne in what would appear to be a reply to Kim's recent tweet which touches on the topic where she says that Adrienne is only famous because of her former association with Rob.
Funny how she says being with a Kardashian hurt her career yet the only reason she has this article is bc she is talking about a Kardashian
"Being someone's 'girlfriend' was never what I wanted to be famous for. What makes you 'famous' isn't always what you want to be 'labeled' as, or know for. If anyone should understand that... it should be you," continued Adrienne in what appears to be an allusion to how Kim found fame herself.
Kim shot to fame and notoriety in 2007 after a sex tape of her and ex-boyfriend Ray-J got leaked on the Internet. She has since worked hard to prove her own talents to critics all over the world. Her mother and manager Kris Jenner even commented once while showing some old home videos of her kids playing the piano that people often say that they have no talent and that they are only famous for being famous.
The sisters shared in a recent promotional interview for their children's wear line, Kardashian Kids Kollection that they are still struggling with their image and some people still do not take them seriously as entrepreneurs.
The Kardashian family always take pride in how close they are and how they always stand behind each other in good times and even in the middle of any crisis and a lot of this is documented in their host of reality shows like "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and its various spin-offs. This time, the drama is unfolding through social media.
The recent clash between the Kardashian family and Adrienne was ignited by an interview on Latina Magazine where Adrienne said that it hurt her career to be stuck with the Kardashian label. The two dated from 2007-2009 and Adrienne was seen in several episodes of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." She again talked about Rob's cheating and disloyalty to her. She also appeared on EXTRA! Recently where she had her tattoo of Rob's name removed via a revolutionary laser procedure.
All of this came out after recent episodes of the reality series revealed many or Rob's issues including his struggle with his weight and depression. This led to another tweet by Kim that states that the diss on Rob came at an inopportune time just when he was already in a bad place.
Adrienne ended her post with a little bit of self-defence clarifying some of the things that she said in the magazine interview:
"I also stated in the article that none of this would have stopped me from being in love and being in that relationship. I just would have gone about it differently. You can love someone just as much in private. We all learn from our first loves," said Adrienne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report