Adrienne Bailon Fires Back at Kim Kardashian via Instagram after Kim's Twitter Attack
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 5, 2014 12:28 PM EST
The drama between the Kardashians and Robert Kardashian's ex-girlfriend Adrienne Bailon is continuing to heat up with both sides refusing to let up. The barrage of social media crossfire continues and this time, Adrienne took to Twitter to fire back at the famous family.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California, March 2, 2014.
"Fame and a Career are two different things. I've always had a career. I have been working hard since I was 15 years old," started Adrienne in what would appear to be a reply to Kim's recent tweet which touches on the topic where she says that Adrienne is only famous because of her former association with Rob.
Funny how she says being with a Kardashian hurt her career yet the only reason she has this article is bc she is talking about a Kardashian
"Being someone's 'girlfriend' was never what I wanted to be famous for. What makes you 'famous' isn't always what you want to be 'labeled' as, or know for. If anyone should understand that... it should be you," continued Adrienne in what appears to be an allusion to how Kim found fame herself.
Kim shot to fame and notoriety in 2007 after a sex tape of her and ex-boyfriend Ray-J got leaked on the Internet. She has since worked hard to prove her own talents to critics all over the world. Her mother and manager Kris Jenner even commented once while showing some old home videos of her kids playing the piano that people often say that they have no talent and that they are only famous for being famous.
The sisters shared in a recent promotional interview for their children's wear line, Kardashian Kids Kollection that they are still struggling with their image and some people still do not take them seriously as entrepreneurs.
The Kardashian family always take pride in how close they are and how they always stand behind each other in good times and even in the middle of any crisis and a lot of this is documented in their host of reality shows like "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and its various spin-offs. This time, the drama is unfolding through social media.
The recent clash between the Kardashian family and Adrienne was ignited by an interview on Latina Magazine where Adrienne said that it hurt her career to be stuck with the Kardashian label. The two dated from 2007-2009 and Adrienne was seen in several episodes of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." She again talked about Rob's cheating and disloyalty to her. She also appeared on EXTRA! Recently where she had her tattoo of Rob's name removed via a revolutionary laser procedure.
All of this came out after recent episodes of the reality series revealed many or Rob's issues including his struggle with his weight and depression. This led to another tweet by Kim that states that the diss on Rob came at an inopportune time just when he was already in a bad place.
Adrienne ended her post with a little bit of self-defence clarifying some of the things that she said in the magazine interview:
"I also stated in the article that none of this would have stopped me from being in love and being in that relationship. I just would have gone about it differently. You can love someone just as much in private. We all learn from our first loves," said Adrienne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]