Matt Davis: Vampire Diaries Actor Almost Quit Portraying Alaric Saltzman in the CW TV Series
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 5, 2014 12:09 PM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" main character Alaric Saltzman got killed off after three seasons yet the CW TV series still found a way for Alaric to appear in the show and eventually brought him back from the dead in the Season 5 finale. Actor Matt Davis, who portrays the character, revealed that he almost quit portraying the character but executive producer Julie Plec changed his mind.
According to a Digital Spy report, the 36-year-old actor shared that he was about to tell Julie Plec about not returning to the show as a guest star but the TVD executive producer delivered the good news to him. "I was prepared to have that conversation with Julie. But before I could say anything, she was like, 'So... we're thinking about bringing you back - how do you feel about that?'" Davis recounted.
Matt Davis confessed that he felt like he was in limbo with Alaric Saltzman in Seasons 4 and 5. Now that Alaric has returned, Matt Davis is thrilled to be back with his TVD family because it has been frustrating for the actor to be making erratic guest appearances only.
According to Davis, being a guest star was an uncomfortable experience because he felt very much detached and out of place with the entire TVD experience. "I felt awkward and I thought, 'I don't think I can keep saying yes to coming back in these little guest star appearances here and there, 'cos it's just too hard for me emotionally'," the actor explained.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale confirmed the return of Alaric Saltzman. However, the main characters Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham) did not make it from the Other Side.
Cast members Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham, Nina Dobrev (Elena Gilbert), Paul Wesley (Stefan Salvatore), Matt Davis and executive producer Julie Plec attended the 2014 San Diego Comic Con panel to tease what will happen to the characters when "The Vampire Diaries" returns with Season 6. An Epoch Times report noted down some of the details teased during the Comic Con panel for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6.
The new season will have a time jump of approximately four months after Damon and Bonnie died and vanished when the Other Side finally collapsed. Alaric, who came back from the dead, will be living a normal life as a professor in college since the anti-magic boundary spell is still active in Mystic Falls.
As for the Stefan-Elena relationship, Julie Plec teased that Elena will not be rekindling her romantic relationship with the younger Salvatore vampire because her love for Damon is currently so strong. The two characters will continue to be friends in the upcoming new season.
"The Vampire Diaries" is set to return with Season 6 on Thursday night, Oct. 2, at 8/7c on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Matt Davis and EP Julie Plec Tease What Alaric Saltzman is Up To in New Season - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Elena vs. Bonnie, Julie Plec Teases Damon's Love Life with Bonnie or the Bamon Relationship - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Leaves Mystic Falls, No Longer Pining Over Elena - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced