Matt Davis: Vampire Diaries Actor Almost Quit Portraying Alaric Saltzman in the CW TV Series
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 5, 2014 12:09 PM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" main character Alaric Saltzman got killed off after three seasons yet the CW TV series still found a way for Alaric to appear in the show and eventually brought him back from the dead in the Season 5 finale. Actor Matt Davis, who portrays the character, revealed that he almost quit portraying the character but executive producer Julie Plec changed his mind.
According to a Digital Spy report, the 36-year-old actor shared that he was about to tell Julie Plec about not returning to the show as a guest star but the TVD executive producer delivered the good news to him. "I was prepared to have that conversation with Julie. But before I could say anything, she was like, 'So... we're thinking about bringing you back - how do you feel about that?'" Davis recounted.
Matt Davis confessed that he felt like he was in limbo with Alaric Saltzman in Seasons 4 and 5. Now that Alaric has returned, Matt Davis is thrilled to be back with his TVD family because it has been frustrating for the actor to be making erratic guest appearances only.
According to Davis, being a guest star was an uncomfortable experience because he felt very much detached and out of place with the entire TVD experience. "I felt awkward and I thought, 'I don't think I can keep saying yes to coming back in these little guest star appearances here and there, 'cos it's just too hard for me emotionally'," the actor explained.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale confirmed the return of Alaric Saltzman. However, the main characters Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham) did not make it from the Other Side.
Cast members Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham, Nina Dobrev (Elena Gilbert), Paul Wesley (Stefan Salvatore), Matt Davis and executive producer Julie Plec attended the 2014 San Diego Comic Con panel to tease what will happen to the characters when "The Vampire Diaries" returns with Season 6. An Epoch Times report noted down some of the details teased during the Comic Con panel for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6.
The new season will have a time jump of approximately four months after Damon and Bonnie died and vanished when the Other Side finally collapsed. Alaric, who came back from the dead, will be living a normal life as a professor in college since the anti-magic boundary spell is still active in Mystic Falls.
As for the Stefan-Elena relationship, Julie Plec teased that Elena will not be rekindling her romantic relationship with the younger Salvatore vampire because her love for Damon is currently so strong. The two characters will continue to be friends in the upcoming new season.
"The Vampire Diaries" is set to return with Season 6 on Thursday night, Oct. 2, at 8/7c on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Matt Davis and EP Julie Plec Tease What Alaric Saltzman is Up To in New Season - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Elena vs. Bonnie, Julie Plec Teases Damon's Love Life with Bonnie or the Bamon Relationship - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Leaves Mystic Falls, No Longer Pining Over Elena - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy