Kardashians Rob Kids with Famous Smartphone Game, 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood', Novelist Warns Parents
By Annie Dee | August 5, 2014 12:07 PM EST
Television personality Kim Kardashian attends the Vera Wang Spring/Summer 2012 collection show during New York Fashion Week September 13, 2011.
Page Six reports that novelist Ayelet Waldman, wife of Michael Chabon, a fellow writer cannot stop ranting against the family because their son lost $120 on the game, without the kid nor them as the parents, being aware of it.
Ayelet took to several social media platforms her thoughts against the famous family. On Facebook and Twitter, she shared the ordeal that his son, 11, experienced when he found out he got billed for $120 through the game. She felt it was her responsibility to warn other parents to avoid similar incident from taking place with their kids.
"WARNING parents," she shared on her Facebook wall. "The Kardashian Hollywood game somehow bypassed our parental in-app purchase controls. Our poor 11 year old spent $120 in 2 days. He's crying hysterically. He can't believe he lost so much money. A pox on those vile scumbag Kardashian pigs and their app designers."
The game is really popular, allegedly earning an average of $700,000 a day. The game can be downloaded for free, but seems to make profit out of the several in-app purchases. The writer claims her son fell victim on these in-app purchases, unknowingly paying for features that he probably thought was free. The writer and her husband were also unaware because they thought they already activated all security features that would allow exactly such a thing from happening. She said they set up $20-a-month spending limits on their child's phones. However, this particular game from the Kardashians was able to bypass all these limits and charge the credit card linked to the gaming account.
Ayelet claimed that when she became aware of what has happened, she deleted the card from her son's account. She then went online to warn other parents with children playing the said game to check if the same thing had happened to them.
The story does have a successful conclusion. Ayelet announced that Apple gave a refund for the fiasco. She also tweeted that her son has now stopped worshipping the Kardashians.
She tweeted, "Abe, age 11: Sobbing. 'I hate those goddamn Kardashians." Also? "I thought I was smarter than this.'"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage