Kardashians Rob Kids with Famous Smartphone Game, 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood', Novelist Warns Parents
By Annie Dee | August 5, 2014 12:07 PM EST
Television personality Kim Kardashian attends the Vera Wang Spring/Summer 2012 collection show during New York Fashion Week September 13, 2011.
Page Six reports that novelist Ayelet Waldman, wife of Michael Chabon, a fellow writer cannot stop ranting against the family because their son lost $120 on the game, without the kid nor them as the parents, being aware of it.
Ayelet took to several social media platforms her thoughts against the famous family. On Facebook and Twitter, she shared the ordeal that his son, 11, experienced when he found out he got billed for $120 through the game. She felt it was her responsibility to warn other parents to avoid similar incident from taking place with their kids.
"WARNING parents," she shared on her Facebook wall. "The Kardashian Hollywood game somehow bypassed our parental in-app purchase controls. Our poor 11 year old spent $120 in 2 days. He's crying hysterically. He can't believe he lost so much money. A pox on those vile scumbag Kardashian pigs and their app designers."
The game is really popular, allegedly earning an average of $700,000 a day. The game can be downloaded for free, but seems to make profit out of the several in-app purchases. The writer claims her son fell victim on these in-app purchases, unknowingly paying for features that he probably thought was free. The writer and her husband were also unaware because they thought they already activated all security features that would allow exactly such a thing from happening. She said they set up $20-a-month spending limits on their child's phones. However, this particular game from the Kardashians was able to bypass all these limits and charge the credit card linked to the gaming account.
Ayelet claimed that when she became aware of what has happened, she deleted the card from her son's account. She then went online to warn other parents with children playing the said game to check if the same thing had happened to them.
The story does have a successful conclusion. Ayelet announced that Apple gave a refund for the fiasco. She also tweeted that her son has now stopped worshipping the Kardashians.
She tweeted, "Abe, age 11: Sobbing. 'I hate those goddamn Kardashians." Also? "I thought I was smarter than this.'"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports