Kardashians Rob Kids with Famous Smartphone Game, 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood', Novelist Warns Parents
By Annie Dee | August 5, 2014 12:07 PM EST
Television personality Kim Kardashian attends the Vera Wang Spring/Summer 2012 collection show during New York Fashion Week September 13, 2011.
Page Six reports that novelist Ayelet Waldman, wife of Michael Chabon, a fellow writer cannot stop ranting against the family because their son lost $120 on the game, without the kid nor them as the parents, being aware of it.
Ayelet took to several social media platforms her thoughts against the famous family. On Facebook and Twitter, she shared the ordeal that his son, 11, experienced when he found out he got billed for $120 through the game. She felt it was her responsibility to warn other parents to avoid similar incident from taking place with their kids.
"WARNING parents," she shared on her Facebook wall. "The Kardashian Hollywood game somehow bypassed our parental in-app purchase controls. Our poor 11 year old spent $120 in 2 days. He's crying hysterically. He can't believe he lost so much money. A pox on those vile scumbag Kardashian pigs and their app designers."
The game is really popular, allegedly earning an average of $700,000 a day. The game can be downloaded for free, but seems to make profit out of the several in-app purchases. The writer claims her son fell victim on these in-app purchases, unknowingly paying for features that he probably thought was free. The writer and her husband were also unaware because they thought they already activated all security features that would allow exactly such a thing from happening. She said they set up $20-a-month spending limits on their child's phones. However, this particular game from the Kardashians was able to bypass all these limits and charge the credit card linked to the gaming account.
Ayelet claimed that when she became aware of what has happened, she deleted the card from her son's account. She then went online to warn other parents with children playing the said game to check if the same thing had happened to them.
The story does have a successful conclusion. Ayelet announced that Apple gave a refund for the fiasco. She also tweeted that her son has now stopped worshipping the Kardashians.
She tweeted, "Abe, age 11: Sobbing. 'I hate those goddamn Kardashians." Also? "I thought I was smarter than this.'"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change