Xbox One News: White Version Possibly Hitting Retail and the EA Access Detailed
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Back when it was first showcased in public the white Xbox One had been a special edition console that was meant for those who have helped worked on and create Microsoft's next-gen console.
People walk past the Playstation and Xbox booths at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Flappy Bird on Fire Again with Family Multiplayer But Only with Amazon Fire TV, Addictiveness Now Toned Down
But it seems that those planning on purchasing the Xbox exclusive "Sunset Overdrive" will have the choice of buying a bundle that comes with the white Xbox One.
IGN has spotted a leaked listing from French retailer Micromania detailing the bundle. The listing is already taken down, but the source has retained a screenshot, as seen in the link above.
The price tag for the white Xbox One and a copy of "Sunset Overdrive" is pegged at €399. Of course, this particular white Xbox One will not have the creator's edition, which had "I MADE THIS" slogan meant only for Microsoft employees.
According to IGN, Micromania's record of leaked listings has been fairly accurate. Coupling this with other rumours of the white Xbox One coming to retail, and the rumour becomes even more plausible.
EA Access explained: No Xbox Live Gold Needed
For those who are long-time fans and players of EA games, EA Access seemed to be a good subscription-based service that allows you to play these games for a fair price.
But as announced, EA Access is only coming to the Xbox One for now, and CVG explains how it works.
First of all, an Xbox Live Gold subscription is not a prerequisite to obtain the games, so long as you are not using the multiplayer mode of the game.
"When it launches, any Xbox One gamer can join EA Access and take advantage of the benefits of the membership," EA said in an interview quoted by CVG. "In order to connect to multiplayer gameplay on the Xbox One platform, you will need a subscription to Xbox Gold."
This means that you can get access to EA Access' "The Vault" at just $29.99 per year, and get yourself access to EA games at any time. There's also the discount of 10% on purchases for EA's digital content.
The service may no longer arrive to PS4 and other PlayStation consoles, as Sony has already reportedly passed up on the chance to take part of the service before, stating that there won't be any value in adding it to its already existing PlayStation Plus service.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election