Assassin’s Creed Unity Story and Character Detailed, Possible Map Leaked
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 12:04 PM EST
The setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity" seems to emulate historic France back during the days of the French revolution, but it seems that the developers have gone to lengths to put it on the map of the title.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Behind Games has managed to snag a copy of the leaked map from a Reddit user. From the size of the map of "Assassin's Creed Unity" alone, it's looking to be a very big open--world setting-something worthy of being called a next-gen exploration title.
If that's not enough, the source also spotted a comparison of the map with the real-world 18th century France, and the similarities are astounding. Apart from going for the expansive exploration far beyond what "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" may offer, "Assassin's Creed Unity" may also be looking at a realistic depiction of its current time period.
Get to Know Arno Straight from the Developer
In a unique Ubisoft DevBlog, single-player campaign writer Travis Stout has spilled a few facts and trivia about main man Arno Victor Dorian, who will be leading the charge in "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Arno has been in the business of Assassins far longer than others, as his own family has been historically linked with Assassin's as a career. He is also a noble man who comes from an equally noble household, so it means that "Assassin's Creed Unity" may be played through the eyes of a gentleman.
This seems appropriate, given how last story trailer from Ubisoft showed Arno saving a damsel in distress named Elise. The developers seem to be taking a break from rugged heroes to shift to a more classic and emotionally vulnerable man. The fact that Paris is the setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity" may help highlight this fact.
But aside from all the flowery quotations and gentlemanly habits, this does not mean that Arno is by any chance a willy-nilly character with no room for a more brooding and serious overtones in his story.
"He is a very driven young man. He is haunted by mistakes in his past or perceived mistakes that he feels he must atone for," Stout said over the official "Assassin's Creed" blog. "He is very devoted to the Assassin Order as an ideal but at the same time, he is not as impressed with the weight of the long mystical tradition and ancient rhetoric as some of the other Assassins."
"Assassin's Creed Unity" is expected for the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown