Assassin’s Creed Unity Story and Character Detailed, Possible Map Leaked
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 12:04 PM EST
The setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity" seems to emulate historic France back during the days of the French revolution, but it seems that the developers have gone to lengths to put it on the map of the title.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Behind Games has managed to snag a copy of the leaked map from a Reddit user. From the size of the map of "Assassin's Creed Unity" alone, it's looking to be a very big open--world setting-something worthy of being called a next-gen exploration title.
If that's not enough, the source also spotted a comparison of the map with the real-world 18th century France, and the similarities are astounding. Apart from going for the expansive exploration far beyond what "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" may offer, "Assassin's Creed Unity" may also be looking at a realistic depiction of its current time period.
Get to Know Arno Straight from the Developer
In a unique Ubisoft DevBlog, single-player campaign writer Travis Stout has spilled a few facts and trivia about main man Arno Victor Dorian, who will be leading the charge in "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Arno has been in the business of Assassins far longer than others, as his own family has been historically linked with Assassin's as a career. He is also a noble man who comes from an equally noble household, so it means that "Assassin's Creed Unity" may be played through the eyes of a gentleman.
This seems appropriate, given how last story trailer from Ubisoft showed Arno saving a damsel in distress named Elise. The developers seem to be taking a break from rugged heroes to shift to a more classic and emotionally vulnerable man. The fact that Paris is the setting of "Assassin's Creed Unity" may help highlight this fact.
But aside from all the flowery quotations and gentlemanly habits, this does not mean that Arno is by any chance a willy-nilly character with no room for a more brooding and serious overtones in his story.
"He is a very driven young man. He is haunted by mistakes in his past or perceived mistakes that he feels he must atone for," Stout said over the official "Assassin's Creed" blog. "He is very devoted to the Assassin Order as an ideal but at the same time, he is not as impressed with the weight of the long mystical tradition and ancient rhetoric as some of the other Assassins."
"Assassin's Creed Unity" is expected for the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage