Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Set for September 3 with Press Invites Amid Note 3, Note 3 Neo Price Drop
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 11:21 AM EST
While official confirmations for the release date of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has not yet been announced by the company, it seems easy to assume that the UNPACKED 2014 event will give more of a clue than any other.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
The event is already an official one as press invites have now been given out, according toSamsung-sends-press-invites-for-Galaxy-Note-4-UNPACKED-2014-event-to-be-held-on-September-3rd_id58953" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Phone Arena. And the date for the Samsung event is on September 3.
This may be the release date that previous rumours of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may be pertaining to, though if the UNPACKED 2014 event is of any indication, it will be mostly a reveal date for the handset.
Phone Arena adds that the tradition that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 follows is that it usually gets an official go at the IFA, also in September, but the UNPACKED 2014 event is the best place to give it a preliminary hype as well as prepare fans for its possible release and hands-on at the Berlin event.
The news about the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is also revealed alongside several leaks for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, the supposed premium smartphone of the South Korean company.
In the latest from SamMobile, there was even a new leak from a retailer that details the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. The specifications are pretty much a repeat of what's already out as rumours.
What's more, preorders are already being taken as in the case of Mobilefun, a retailer based in the U.K. There's a 32GB variant out for £549, despite Samsung keeping mum about the existence of the handset.
Price Cuts for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 3 Neo
In the midst of all the possible leaks and release dates for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the Galaxy Note 3 and Note 3 Neo have both received price cuts, though this is currently limited to India.
Gadgets NDTV reports that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 3 Neo are already being sold at their slashed off prices via the official Samsung India online store. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is out for Rs. 40,698 while the Note 3 Neo can be bought at Rs. 29,570.
There's still no news on whether the price cut will also be possible for other territories, but Samsung has been known for offering their older devices at a lower price. At the same time, the price cuts may actually signal the arrival of a new device in the form of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, though these are merely hopeful speculations from fans.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS