Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Set for September 3 with Press Invites Amid Note 3, Note 3 Neo Price Drop
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 11:21 AM EST
While official confirmations for the release date of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has not yet been announced by the company, it seems easy to assume that the UNPACKED 2014 event will give more of a clue than any other.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
The event is already an official one as press invites have now been given out, according toSamsung-sends-press-invites-for-Galaxy-Note-4-UNPACKED-2014-event-to-be-held-on-September-3rd_id58953" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Phone Arena. And the date for the Samsung event is on September 3.
This may be the release date that previous rumours of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may be pertaining to, though if the UNPACKED 2014 event is of any indication, it will be mostly a reveal date for the handset.
Phone Arena adds that the tradition that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 follows is that it usually gets an official go at the IFA, also in September, but the UNPACKED 2014 event is the best place to give it a preliminary hype as well as prepare fans for its possible release and hands-on at the Berlin event.
The news about the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is also revealed alongside several leaks for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, the supposed premium smartphone of the South Korean company.
In the latest from SamMobile, there was even a new leak from a retailer that details the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. The specifications are pretty much a repeat of what's already out as rumours.
What's more, preorders are already being taken as in the case of Mobilefun, a retailer based in the U.K. There's a 32GB variant out for £549, despite Samsung keeping mum about the existence of the handset.
Price Cuts for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 3 Neo
In the midst of all the possible leaks and release dates for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the Galaxy Note 3 and Note 3 Neo have both received price cuts, though this is currently limited to India.
Gadgets NDTV reports that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 3 Neo are already being sold at their slashed off prices via the official Samsung India online store. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is out for Rs. 40,698 while the Note 3 Neo can be bought at Rs. 29,570.
There's still no news on whether the price cut will also be possible for other territories, but Samsung has been known for offering their older devices at a lower price. At the same time, the price cuts may actually signal the arrival of a new device in the form of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, though these are merely hopeful speculations from fans.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?