Mortal Kombat X to See Kano as Playable; Ed Boon Teases a Gamescom Tell-All
By Gel Galang | August 5, 2014 11:05 AM EST
"Mortal Kombat X" may be the much anticipated and much-hyped gruesome game that has yet to be released, but its roster of fighters might see an expansion within the month.
A new leak spotted by Segment Next has hinted that Kano may be coming in to "Mortal Kombat X" as a playable character. The leak comes from a German magazine, though no official confirmation has been given by NetherRealm Studios.
According to the source, Kano was present in the 2011 Mortal Kombat title. Adding him to the roster is not a surprise, considering that the developers have stated that there will be old and new characters to in "Mortal Kombat X."
There's even a snapshot of Kano thanks to the leak, which can be seen in the link above, making the rumour even more legitimate.
For those who may not be familiar with Kano, GiantBomb states that he is one of the original Mortal Kombatants, apart from being a member of an international crime syndicate.
What's more interesting is that Kano may be looking at another redesign for "Mortal Kombat X" when comparing the leaked image to the old character design. Still, best to treat the new leak with a pinch of salt, at least until the tease comes straight from the main man at NetherRealm Studios.
Gamescom Hint Straight from Boon
Surprisingly, the ultimate tease for NetherRealm Studios' games, creative head Ed Boon, has been lacking in updates and teases for the past few days.
— Ed Boon (@noobde) July 30, 2014
It doesn't take much to figure out what Boon had been referring to--none other than the event at Cologne, Germany that will run from August 13 to 17, Gamescom.
But other than that, Boon and the rest of the NetherRealm staff have been very quiet about any possible "Mortal Kombat X" leads. This pretty much means a big lack of any official information on what to expect for Gamescom.
However, given how other developers are planning to show off their respective games, a little trailer here and a few announcements there should be expected for "Mortal Kombat X."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports