True Blood's Anna Paquin Educates Larry King on Bisexuality: 'It's Not A Past Tense Thing'
By Annie Dee | August 5, 2014 11:03 AM EST
"True Blood's" star Anna Paquin got into a heated debate with Larry King on the subject of bisexuality. The actress, who plays Sookie Stackhouse on the popular vampire drama is an out and proud bisexual. Married to a man today, Paquin found being questioned on her sexuality by Larry King and was forced to defend the orientation from the stereotypical questions of the famous talk show host. If she could, she would probably sic all her vampire friends against Larry King.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Paquin came out as bisexual during a PSA in 2010, but the subject just won't die down. Instead of putting questions to rest by getting married, tying down the knot seems to confuse more people, Larry King included. Daily Star UK reports that on Larry King's Hulu talk show, King asked Anna: "Are you a non-practising bisexual?" The question apparently bothered the 32-year old, forcing her to defend her sexual identity.
According to Paquin, getting married to Stephen Moyer did not turn her straight. Contrary to ignorant opinion, that will not happen.
"Well, I am married to my husband, and we're happily, monogamously married," replied Anna.
King, who apparently did not get what Paquin was trying to tell him asked: "But you were bisexual?" agitating the actress further.
"I don't think it's a past tense thing. Are you still straight if you're with somebody, if you were to break up with them or they die? It doesn't prevent your sexuality from existing. It doesn't really work like that," replied Paquin.
Paquin has never been the person to back down when it comes to discussing her sexuality and what it means to be bisexual, for her and for others.
"For me, it's not really an issue because I'm someone who believes being bisexual is actually a thing. It's not made up. It's not a lack of decision. It's not being greedy or numerous other ignorant things I've heard at this point," said Anna to Zooey magazine (as reported in Yahoo Celebrity).
"For a bisexual, it's not about gender. That's not the deciding factor for who they're attracted to," concluded the actress.
Paquin also got a bit testy with Larry asked her about sex scenes on "True Blood." Apparently, King got interested in how Paquin feels about having steamy scenes with her very own husband, Stephen (who plays vampire Bill) on the hit HBO TV show.
Larry specifically asked her if she found these staged romps with her husband weird to which Anna answered: "Not really, I mean, all of the sex stuff we shoot is quite melodramatic and there's fangs and blood and stuff... I don't know about your bedroom but it doesn't happen in mine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best