True Blood's Anna Paquin Educates Larry King on Bisexuality: 'It's Not A Past Tense Thing'
By Annie Dee | August 5, 2014 11:03 AM EST
"True Blood's" star Anna Paquin got into a heated debate with Larry King on the subject of bisexuality. The actress, who plays Sookie Stackhouse on the popular vampire drama is an out and proud bisexual. Married to a man today, Paquin found being questioned on her sexuality by Larry King and was forced to defend the orientation from the stereotypical questions of the famous talk show host. If she could, she would probably sic all her vampire friends against Larry King.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Paquin came out as bisexual during a PSA in 2010, but the subject just won't die down. Instead of putting questions to rest by getting married, tying down the knot seems to confuse more people, Larry King included. Daily Star UK reports that on Larry King's Hulu talk show, King asked Anna: "Are you a non-practising bisexual?" The question apparently bothered the 32-year old, forcing her to defend her sexual identity.
According to Paquin, getting married to Stephen Moyer did not turn her straight. Contrary to ignorant opinion, that will not happen.
"Well, I am married to my husband, and we're happily, monogamously married," replied Anna.
King, who apparently did not get what Paquin was trying to tell him asked: "But you were bisexual?" agitating the actress further.
"I don't think it's a past tense thing. Are you still straight if you're with somebody, if you were to break up with them or they die? It doesn't prevent your sexuality from existing. It doesn't really work like that," replied Paquin.
Paquin has never been the person to back down when it comes to discussing her sexuality and what it means to be bisexual, for her and for others.
"For me, it's not really an issue because I'm someone who believes being bisexual is actually a thing. It's not made up. It's not a lack of decision. It's not being greedy or numerous other ignorant things I've heard at this point," said Anna to Zooey magazine (as reported in Yahoo Celebrity).
"For a bisexual, it's not about gender. That's not the deciding factor for who they're attracted to," concluded the actress.
Paquin also got a bit testy with Larry asked her about sex scenes on "True Blood." Apparently, King got interested in how Paquin feels about having steamy scenes with her very own husband, Stephen (who plays vampire Bill) on the hit HBO TV show.
Larry specifically asked her if she found these staged romps with her husband weird to which Anna answered: "Not really, I mean, all of the sex stuff we shoot is quite melodramatic and there's fangs and blood and stuff... I don't know about your bedroom but it doesn't happen in mine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia