Jude Law and Giancarlo Giannini Make a Gentleman's Wager in Johnnie Walker Short Film [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | August 5, 2014 11:01 AM EST
British actor Jude Law made a gentleman's wager with the Italian actor Giancarlo Giannini in a short film for the luxury whisky Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
British actor Jude Law arrives at the paddock ahead of the British Grand Prix at the Silverstone Race Circuit, central England, July 6, 2014.
The Gentleman's Wager was shot in the British Virigin Islands and in London by the Diageo/ RSA Films Production/ and Anomaly through the direction of Jake Scott.
In the six-minute short film uploaded to YouTube, both gentlemen were aboard a rare luxury yacht built in 1928 which was owned by the 72-year old Cannes Awardee for Best Actor. The two gentlemen enjoyed the scenery around them and the luxury experience aboard the vessel over a glass of the blue labeled whisky.
The 41-year old actor stated his intention to buy the yacht but the older gentleman replied that the yacht was not for sale. Giannini stated that the yacht was built in 1928 and it was so rare and there was nothing like it in the whole world. So Law proposed to buy the vessel not with money but to win it through a dance only to realized later on that he does not even have a dance.
In his burning desire to win the prise for the rare money-can't-buy vessel, Jude Law orchestrated a glorious performance by playing a piano and showcasing a tap dance. The magnificent dance show was complete with back-up dancers, piano, and band. The older gent ended up enjoying the show the he was still dancing to the rhythm even though the duo were already walking outside. Needless to say, Jude Law got the luxury yacht.
The second time around that the two gentlemen went aboard, it was Giancarlo Giannini's turn to propose a buy-back of the vessel. But the younger gentleman said the very the same words that the older gent said to him when he offered to buy the yacht. In the end, Giannini proposed to buy the prised vessel with a story.
According to an article from Quintessentially, Jude Law went through intensive training in preparation for his role in the short film. He went to tap dance classes, learned how to play the piano, and blew the saxophone for the very first time.
It remains to be seen though whether Jude Law and Giancarlo Giannini's involvement with the Johnnie Walker short film will turn into whooping sales for the luxury brand whisky.
Watch Jude Law and Giancarlo Giannini in the Johnnie Walker short film from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef