Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Listed by Korean and Japanese Carriers as Release Date Nears
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 5, 2014 11:01 AM EST
The long-awaited Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date is slated for Sept. 3 in IFA 2014 (Berlin). A slew of leaked information pertaining to the look and the specifications of the phablet is making rounds for quite some time now. The latest news is that, the Galaxy Note 4 is listed in a Korean mobile network carrier's official website.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
According to recently leaked information, the upcoming Galaxy Note 4 is mapped to a model number SM-N910. Also it is worth noting that, Samsung listed a slightly modified SM-N910A model of Galaxy Note 4 on its official Web site in June. The page stated that the upcoming phablet will feature a Quad HD display i.e. 1,440 x 2,560 pixels screen resolution, says Phone Arena.
What is New?
Going by the latest news, LG U+, one of the major South Korean mobile operators, has listed a Samsung device with model number SM-N910L on its Web site. In addition, different models of the Galaxy Note 4 with model number SM-N910J pertaining to KDDI and SM-N910D pertaining to NTT Docomo were spotted in the Japanese market, according to LG U+ via Blog Of Mobile
Even though the website did not offer any other information relating to specs, these listings confirm the approaching Galaxy Note 4 release date. Owing to the fact that Samsung never officially acknowledged the existence of this device, the new listings by mobile majors from Asia corroborates the existing reports.
When it comes to reported specifications, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will feature a relatively bigger 5.7 inches display with 2K resolution and 500+ ppi pixel density. The phablet has upped game for other competitors by providing multiple choices for processor units.
The processors destined for the upcoming Galaxy Note 4 are a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) Krait 450 processor along with Adreno 420 GPU and a superior octa-core (Samsung Exynos 5433) processor with ARM Mali-T760 GPU and 3 GB of RAM.
In addition, the Galaxy Note 4 will most likely run on Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Nevertheless, the possibility of higher versions of Android OS cannot be shot down. When it comes to memory, the phablet will come equipped with 32 GB of internal storage capacity and microSD support for expansion up to 128 GB. The camera specifications include a 12/16 MP rear-facing camera unit with optical image stabilization (OIS), and a 3.6 MP front-facing shooter.
Apart from these specifications, the Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly support 4K recording capabilities, water/dust-resistant exterior and fingerprint sensor.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit