One Direction’s Niall Horan Receives Beginner’s Tips From Novak Djokovic on the Tennis Court [VIDEO]
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 5, 2014 10:19 AM EST
One Direction's Niall Horan has received a few beginner's tips from current World No. 1 Novak Djokovic when the two played tennis ahead of the Rogers Cup in Toronto. From forehands to backhands and serves to volleys, Niall tried his hand at playing tennis with the top-ranked Serbian athlete.
Singer Niall Horan of the band One Direction performs on ABC's Good Morning America inside Central Park in New York
The video of Niall playing with Novak was being shared all over in social media.
Video courtesy: YouTube/MGLovesTennis
Video courtesy: YouTube/One Direction Daily
Niall also shared a few snaps of his on Twitter. Niall admitted he was a "terrible" player but took pride in being able to play with one of the tennis greats of the current generation.
I was terrible ! But was an amazing experience to play with the number 1 tennis player in the world !... http://t.co/NBPtCOWwqD— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) August 2, 2014
According to an article posted on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) tour tournament's Web site, Niall has only returned the favour of visiting Novak's practice sessions for the Rogers Cup after the Serbian attended one of the band's gig at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, which was part of One Direction's Where We Are Tour.
Meanwhile, Novak is aiming for his fourth Rogers Cup title. This is the first time that Novak will return to play in hard court after winning the 2014 Sony Open in March in Miami. Despite the tough draw that could see him battle Andy Murray in the quarterfinals. Novak might also face fourth-ranked Stanislas Wawrinka and eight-ranked Grigor Dimitrov to reach the finals of the tournament. It will be a "difficult path" for Novak to win another Rogers Cup title, The Star reported. Novak has won the title in 2007, 2011, and 2012.
Novak has already expressed his thoughts on the draw and said that he was looking forward to his first match. He will face Canadian Milos Raonic on Aug. 6.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate