One Direction’s Niall Horan Receives Beginner’s Tips From Novak Djokovic on the Tennis Court [VIDEO]
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 5, 2014 10:19 AM EST
One Direction's Niall Horan has received a few beginner's tips from current World No. 1 Novak Djokovic when the two played tennis ahead of the Rogers Cup in Toronto. From forehands to backhands and serves to volleys, Niall tried his hand at playing tennis with the top-ranked Serbian athlete.
Singer Niall Horan of the band One Direction performs on ABC's Good Morning America inside Central Park in New York
The video of Niall playing with Novak was being shared all over in social media.
Video courtesy: YouTube/MGLovesTennis
Video courtesy: YouTube/One Direction Daily
Niall also shared a few snaps of his on Twitter. Niall admitted he was a "terrible" player but took pride in being able to play with one of the tennis greats of the current generation.
I was terrible ! But was an amazing experience to play with the number 1 tennis player in the world !... http://t.co/NBPtCOWwqD— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) August 2, 2014
According to an article posted on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) tour tournament's Web site, Niall has only returned the favour of visiting Novak's practice sessions for the Rogers Cup after the Serbian attended one of the band's gig at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, which was part of One Direction's Where We Are Tour.
Meanwhile, Novak is aiming for his fourth Rogers Cup title. This is the first time that Novak will return to play in hard court after winning the 2014 Sony Open in March in Miami. Despite the tough draw that could see him battle Andy Murray in the quarterfinals. Novak might also face fourth-ranked Stanislas Wawrinka and eight-ranked Grigor Dimitrov to reach the finals of the tournament. It will be a "difficult path" for Novak to win another Rogers Cup title, The Star reported. Novak has won the title in 2007, 2011, and 2012.
Novak has already expressed his thoughts on the draw and said that he was looking forward to his first match. He will face Canadian Milos Raonic on Aug. 6.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up