The Walking Dead Season 5 Spoilers: Comics Baddie Negan in the Trailer – Illusion or For Real
By Tarun Mazumdar | August 5, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Someone is ready to take a swing and smash Glenn's head and the man can be comics rogue Negan. "The Walking Dead" Season 5 trailer shows Glenn in danger because of an unnamed character who is about to hit him.
Warning: Spoilers! Alert
This article contains spoilers from the comic books.
The sequence from the trailer is scarily close to a deadly scene from "The Walking Dead" comics. In the 100th issue, fans meet the leader of The Saviors - Negan. He is a complete bada** and uses violence to control Alexandria Safe-Zone (near Washington D.C.). It is the same place where Rick and others stayed for three years. The Saviors and Rick's team engage in a clash for Alexandria. Later, Negan takes Rick Grimes, Carl Grimes, Sophia, Maggie Greene, Michonne, Glenn and Heath into custody.
The group meets Lucille - a deadly baseball bat covered with barbed wire. It is Negan's weapon of choice. He uses Lucille to beat Glenn to death.
Greg Nicotero, "The Walking Dead" special-effects guru, director and executive producer told Yahoo TV that the scene is in the Season 5 trailer for a reason.
"We can see anything this season. Anything is possible --- and good eye," said "The Walking Dead" comic book writer Robert Kirkman to The Hollywood Reporter.
Showrunner Scott M. Gimple said to see the trailer closely to check "if there was barbed wire around the bat."
They also revealed that the new trailer has a lot of "misdirection."
Nicotero told Yahoo TV that Season 5 will pick things up from where they left off.
"If I said "movie," I probably meant "huge, gigantic movie that almost killed me." But it was a blast at the exact same moment. Yeah, I mean... we never really started [a season] with a direct cut [from the previous season]. Season 2 to Season 3, there was an eight-month jump, and Season 3 to Season 4, there was an eight-month jump. But since we ended the Season 4 finale on Rick's line - "They're screwing with the wrong people" - we left on a cliffhanger, and we're going to pick up directly where we left off," said Nicotero.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs Sunday, October 12, 2014 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight