Americans Reveal Their Top Sex Fantasies:Through Durex Survey
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 5, 2014 10:10 AM EST
As it comes to sex, Americans seemed to have revealed it all, this time. In order to celebrate National Orgasm Day which occurred on July 31st in US, Durex, the renowned condom manufacturer conducted a survey.
A couple kiss as they attend the 29th annual "MaiKaeferTreffen" (May Beetle meeting) meeting in Hanover, May 1, 2012.
“According to the report by New York Daily News, the main purpose of this survey which involved 1,000 participants over age 21 was to get a clearer picture about American’s fantasy versus reality orgasm experiences.”
A significant number of participants went with the age old sexual fantasies of making love in the beaches or inside movie theaters, but the surprising factor was while only 23 percent of participants revealed to fantasise about having an orgasm in a car, 36 percent admitted they enjoyed themselves in that particular situation.
15 percent of participants fantasised about having sex in the library even though "sex in the stacks," the preferable term widely used by college students confirmed that library turns out to be one of the most popular orgasm convenient places.
A whopping 30 percent of candidates said that they fantasised about having an orgasm in a plane, yet only 5 percent of the participants claimed being the members of the Mile High Club.
The 22 percent adventurer ones preferred to have an orgasm inside clothing store fitting rooms, while 28 percent admitted office being their favourite place. And 20 percent fantasised about love making on a rooftop or balcony.
But it was only 5 percent of participants could express their realisation about roof or balcony fantasies.
The back of the cab was one more place where 16 percent fantasised about having an orgasm, while 10 percent fantasised about the subway and only 2 percent have truly did it.
Strangely enough seven percent fantasised about orgasms in church, eight percent fantasised about orgasms in a cemetery, but the fantasy came true just for 3 per cent of the participants.
Even though it is illegal to have sex in public areas in the U.S, Durex came up with the survey to initiate better communication between partners as 93 percent of the participants said being with a trusted partner leads to more intense orgasms.
The survey concluded that participants thought home to be the best place to have sex with 54 percent of respondents confirming they enjoyed sex in the shower and 35 percent admitting to indulge into steamy sex in the kitchen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola News Regarding Wortham's Kindergarterners Infected is False, Angry Reactions
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Ebola Is Changing The Religious Landscape In West Africa
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage