Taylor Swift Shares Hint on Instagram for New Album
By Diadem Pambid | August 5, 2014 9:11 AM EST
Taylor Swift has started to share hints on her upcoming album. The country crooner took to Instagram to share a video that is the "first clue" to her next album. "Swifties" have donned their thinking caps to investigate. Here's what everyone is saying so far.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
After wrapping up her "Red" world tour, Swift stayed true to her word about completing her next album. In fact, the songstress took to Instagram to share the first hint about the new album. Swift posted a short video of her pressing an elevator button with the number 18 on it six times. The caption of the video states: "So, here's your first clue..." Check out the Instagram video here.
There's not much into it but a lot of sites have already delved on the number of possibilities. First off, could 18 be the title of Swift's next song? Could it also be the title of her new album? Others claim Swift might release her album on Aug. 18 which is days before her MTV Video Music Awards 2014 performance. MTV on the other hand suggests that 18 could simply be the number of songs included in the new album.
However, looking at the pattern of Swift's album releases. Most of her albums were released during the late weeks of Oct. and first week of Nov. "Taylor Swift" was dropped on Oct. 24, 2006 while "Fearless" made its debut on Nov. 11, 2008. Swift's other albums "Speak Now" and "Red" were released Oct. 25, 2010 and Oct. 22, 2012 respectively.
For one, this would be the first clue of a lot more to come. Hopefully, the next clues Swift releases give a bit more details than just the number 18 pressed six times on an elevator. As for Swift's fifth studio album, the country crooner claims it's her "favourite thing."
"I've already been working very hard on it and it's already my favorite thing that I've ever created. So the idea that after Asia, I get to go back and finish everything and get everything completely done and completely wrapped up for a new project, it's very exciting," said Swift during a press conference at Shanghai, China.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia