Taylor Swift Shares Hint on Instagram for New Album
By Diadem Pambid | August 5, 2014 9:11 AM EST
Taylor Swift has started to share hints on her upcoming album. The country crooner took to Instagram to share a video that is the "first clue" to her next album. "Swifties" have donned their thinking caps to investigate. Here's what everyone is saying so far.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
After wrapping up her "Red" world tour, Swift stayed true to her word about completing her next album. In fact, the songstress took to Instagram to share the first hint about the new album. Swift posted a short video of her pressing an elevator button with the number 18 on it six times. The caption of the video states: "So, here's your first clue..." Check out the Instagram video here.
There's not much into it but a lot of sites have already delved on the number of possibilities. First off, could 18 be the title of Swift's next song? Could it also be the title of her new album? Others claim Swift might release her album on Aug. 18 which is days before her MTV Video Music Awards 2014 performance. MTV on the other hand suggests that 18 could simply be the number of songs included in the new album.
However, looking at the pattern of Swift's album releases. Most of her albums were released during the late weeks of Oct. and first week of Nov. "Taylor Swift" was dropped on Oct. 24, 2006 while "Fearless" made its debut on Nov. 11, 2008. Swift's other albums "Speak Now" and "Red" were released Oct. 25, 2010 and Oct. 22, 2012 respectively.
For one, this would be the first clue of a lot more to come. Hopefully, the next clues Swift releases give a bit more details than just the number 18 pressed six times on an elevator. As for Swift's fifth studio album, the country crooner claims it's her "favourite thing."
"I've already been working very hard on it and it's already my favorite thing that I've ever created. So the idea that after Asia, I get to go back and finish everything and get everything completely done and completely wrapped up for a new project, it's very exciting," said Swift during a press conference at Shanghai, China.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers