How the Real Estate Industry Benefits from Twitter
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 5, 2014 8:33 AM EST
A new report on The Wall Street Journal noted that Twitter is underutilised by a majority of real estate professionals in promoting their listings, with most realtors sending out an average of only 0.5 tweets per day.
A portrait of the Twitter logo in Ventura, California December 21, 2013.
The report also noted that some real estate agents believe Twitter complements real estate agents' marketing and brand-building efforts.
The report said that real estate agents send out "about half a tweet a day" to promote listings, home events and other related updates. Citing a research by Klout, the report stated that real estate agents and offices were followed by 321 people on average on Twitter and published no at least 0.5 tweets daily.
Those who tweet a lot are real estate personalities like Chad Rogers, a Beverly Hills agent and former cast of Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles. Data showed Rogers tweets 16 times a day and has over 242,000 followers.
Quality versus quantity for some agents matters more though, like for Sotheby's International Realty Canada agent Richard Silver who was quoted in the report. Silver, who has 7,100 followers on Twitter, said social media is an effective tool in directing audiences to his blog.
"Subscribers may not be looking for homes now, but he wants to be top of mind when they do," the report said of Silver's Twitter activities.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Public Relations Vice President David Siroty, meanwhile, believes Twitter is not as useful for agents unless they use it to establish their authority.
"The trick is to become a go-to source for information," he said in the report.
Data from real estate giant Zillow revealed that only 8.6 per cent of agent profiles link to Twitter accounts.
RealBiz Media Group, Inc.'s (OTCQB: RBIZ) video marketing and content creations tools Nestbuilder Agent and Microvideo App have Twitter integration options that real estate agents can use to share their listings on the social media site.
The platforms allow agents to create virtual tours, home and community events, and informative videos, and share them not just on Twitter, but also on Facebook and Pinterest.
Nestbuilder Agent and Microvideo App are also equipped with a data analytics tool that allows agents to monitor their marketing campaigns and track leads.
According to an International Business Times report, 15,350 agents are currently using the platform. It added that about 24,000 videos are being published daily across RealBiz Media's video based marketing platforms.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around