Transfer News: Everton Striker Romelu Lukaku did not Feel Right at Chelsea
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 5, 2014 12:25 AM EST
Due to his limited opportunities at Chelsea, Romelu Lukaku felt that he made the right decision when he opted to move to Everton.
The 21-year-old striker, given his promise and performances as a loanee in the past two seasons, could have had a bright future at Stamford Bridge in the years to come, but felt that his time has come and Jose Mourinho will not stand in his way.
“I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right.” - Romelu Lukaku
"I want to develop and become one of the best and the manager wants to make our team one of the best teams in England" said the Belgian international.
"So to me it was a great challenge to play under him. I need to play at a high level and play in a good team."
"I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right."
"I have the trust of the supporters. I can grow. I can develop. It almost feels that I belong here. That's why I came back."
The Blues were able to make £28million out of the Lukaku deal, which isn't too bad. However, should he be able to live up to his billing, the west Londoners might have just lost the face of their future.
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4