Transfer News: Everton Striker Romelu Lukaku did not Feel Right at Chelsea
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 5, 2014 12:25 AM EST
Due to his limited opportunities at Chelsea, Romelu Lukaku felt that he made the right decision when he opted to move to Everton.
The 21-year-old striker, given his promise and performances as a loanee in the past two seasons, could have had a bright future at Stamford Bridge in the years to come, but felt that his time has come and Jose Mourinho will not stand in his way.
“I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right.” - Romelu Lukaku
"I want to develop and become one of the best and the manager wants to make our team one of the best teams in England" said the Belgian international.
"So to me it was a great challenge to play under him. I need to play at a high level and play in a good team."
"I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right."
"I have the trust of the supporters. I can grow. I can develop. It almost feels that I belong here. That's why I came back."
The Blues were able to make £28million out of the Lukaku deal, which isn't too bad. However, should he be able to live up to his billing, the west Londoners might have just lost the face of their future.
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid