Transfer News: Everton Striker Romelu Lukaku did not Feel Right at Chelsea
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 5, 2014 12:25 AM EST
Due to his limited opportunities at Chelsea, Romelu Lukaku felt that he made the right decision when he opted to move to Everton.
The 21-year-old striker, given his promise and performances as a loanee in the past two seasons, could have had a bright future at Stamford Bridge in the years to come, but felt that his time has come and Jose Mourinho will not stand in his way.
“I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right.” - Romelu Lukaku
"I want to develop and become one of the best and the manager wants to make our team one of the best teams in England" said the Belgian international.
"So to me it was a great challenge to play under him. I need to play at a high level and play in a good team."
"I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right."
"I have the trust of the supporters. I can grow. I can develop. It almost feels that I belong here. That's why I came back."
The Blues were able to make £28million out of the Lukaku deal, which isn't too bad. However, should he be able to live up to his billing, the west Londoners might have just lost the face of their future.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles