Transfer News: Everton Striker Romelu Lukaku did not Feel Right at Chelsea
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 5, 2014 12:25 AM EST
Due to his limited opportunities at Chelsea, Romelu Lukaku felt that he made the right decision when he opted to move to Everton.
The 21-year-old striker, given his promise and performances as a loanee in the past two seasons, could have had a bright future at Stamford Bridge in the years to come, but felt that his time has come and Jose Mourinho will not stand in his way.
“I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right.” - Romelu Lukaku
"I want to develop and become one of the best and the manager wants to make our team one of the best teams in England" said the Belgian international.
"So to me it was a great challenge to play under him. I need to play at a high level and play in a good team."
"I'm not saying Chelsea are not a good team but I needed to be in a place where it felt right."
"I have the trust of the supporters. I can grow. I can develop. It almost feels that I belong here. That's why I came back."
The Blues were able to make £28million out of the Lukaku deal, which isn't too bad. However, should he be able to live up to his billing, the west Londoners might have just lost the face of their future.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS