Transfer News: Manchester United to Outbid Barcelona for Juan Cuadrado
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 4, 2014 11:57 PM EST
The chase for the services of Juan Cuadrado continues in the 2014 transfer season with three teams reportedly still in the running for the Colombian winger. Barcelona, Manchester United and Bayern Munich are all intrigued by Cuadrado, who had a very good performance at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
I hope that the deal goes through, he is a great friend of mine." James Rodriguez on Juan Cuadrado
Initial reports state that Cuadrado preferred a move to the La Liga club since his teammate James Rodriguez plays for Real Madrid.
"I hope that the deal goes through, he is a great friend of mine,” Rodriguez said via Radio Caracol last Friday. "If he were to arrive, it would open the door to other Colombians, because we would have many playing at great clubs."
Cuadrado and Rodriguez helped the Colombian soccer national team to a quarterfinals finish in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. It was the best performance by their country in their history of the World Cup.
However, follow-up reports have now stated that Barcelona couldn’t meet the demands of Cuadrado.
This was the opening Manchester United needed as the Red Devils have now thrown a €39 million offer for the Colombian star. No less than new manager Louis Van Gaal has made the orders in aggressively chasing a winger who is expected to adjust well to Van Gaal’s 3-5-2 formation.
“We have had no official bids for Cuadrado. However it would be very difficult to refuse an offer of €50M. We hope he will stay with us but I must say how things are,” Daniele Prade of Fiorentina said via express.co.uk.
Cuadrado’s past stints include appearances for Independiente Medellin (2008-2009); Udinese (2009-2012) and Lecce (2011-2012). He was with the Fiorentina club since 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions