Transfer News: Manchester United to Outbid Barcelona for Juan Cuadrado
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 4, 2014 11:57 PM EST
The chase for the services of Juan Cuadrado continues in the 2014 transfer season with three teams reportedly still in the running for the Colombian winger. Barcelona, Manchester United and Bayern Munich are all intrigued by Cuadrado, who had a very good performance at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
I hope that the deal goes through, he is a great friend of mine." James Rodriguez on Juan Cuadrado
Initial reports state that Cuadrado preferred a move to the La Liga club since his teammate James Rodriguez plays for Real Madrid.
"I hope that the deal goes through, he is a great friend of mine,” Rodriguez said via Radio Caracol last Friday. "If he were to arrive, it would open the door to other Colombians, because we would have many playing at great clubs."
Cuadrado and Rodriguez helped the Colombian soccer national team to a quarterfinals finish in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. It was the best performance by their country in their history of the World Cup.
However, follow-up reports have now stated that Barcelona couldn’t meet the demands of Cuadrado.
This was the opening Manchester United needed as the Red Devils have now thrown a €39 million offer for the Colombian star. No less than new manager Louis Van Gaal has made the orders in aggressively chasing a winger who is expected to adjust well to Van Gaal’s 3-5-2 formation.
“We have had no official bids for Cuadrado. However it would be very difficult to refuse an offer of €50M. We hope he will stay with us but I must say how things are,” Daniele Prade of Fiorentina said via express.co.uk.
Cuadrado’s past stints include appearances for Independiente Medellin (2008-2009); Udinese (2009-2012) and Lecce (2011-2012). He was with the Fiorentina club since 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia