Orange is the New Black: ‘Bloodshed’ in Season 3!
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 4, 2014 8:56 PM EST
The "Orange is the New Black" team is currently filming Season 3. The cast of the drama-comedy continue to tease fans, spilling tidbits but keeping the juicy details to themselves. The Emmy nominated actress Natasha Lyonne recently revealed that the new season will feature bloodshed. She, however, did not reveal the story-line of the upcoming season, or the reason behind the bloodshed.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
When People asked her what she can tell about "Orange is the New Black" Season 3, Lyonne said, "In three words: So much bloodshed."
Lyonne has earned her first Emmy nomination this year. She will have to beat her co-actors Laverne Cox and Uzo Aduba to win the outstanding guest performance award. "Orange is the Black" has scored a total of 12 Emmy nominations.
Speaking about whether the three actresses have any kind of pact, the actress said: "Yes, they've agreed that if they win they'll dedicate the award to me. I've made it clear I will not do the same if I win. No, no pacts yet. We're just so thrilled as a group at the 12 nominations. We're all just cogs in the wheel."
Meanwhile, two new actresses are joining the cast of "Orange is the New Black." "Fringe" actress Blair Brown has signed on to star in Season 3 of Netflix's original drama-comedy. There is no detail yet about what role Brown is going to play in the new season. Veteran actress Mary Steenburgen has also been roped-in to play Pornstache's mother. It will be interesting to see what mother Mendez does in the absence of her son, as Pablo Schreiber, who plays Pornstache, has confirmed that he is not doing season 3 of "Orange is the New Black."
Laura Prepon is returning and as previously reported, she will appear in every episode of the new season. The actress appeared in limited number of scenes in Season 2.
Netflix is expected to release all the episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3 sometime next year in June. The new season is expected to bring the focus back on Alex Vause and Piper Chapman's relationship, as the former is likely to return to Litchfield prison.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand