Orange is the New Black: ‘Bloodshed’ in Season 3!
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 4, 2014 8:56 PM EST
The "Orange is the New Black" team is currently filming Season 3. The cast of the drama-comedy continue to tease fans, spilling tidbits but keeping the juicy details to themselves. The Emmy nominated actress Natasha Lyonne recently revealed that the new season will feature bloodshed. She, however, did not reveal the story-line of the upcoming season, or the reason behind the bloodshed.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
When People asked her what she can tell about "Orange is the New Black" Season 3, Lyonne said, "In three words: So much bloodshed."
Lyonne has earned her first Emmy nomination this year. She will have to beat her co-actors Laverne Cox and Uzo Aduba to win the outstanding guest performance award. "Orange is the Black" has scored a total of 12 Emmy nominations.
Speaking about whether the three actresses have any kind of pact, the actress said: "Yes, they've agreed that if they win they'll dedicate the award to me. I've made it clear I will not do the same if I win. No, no pacts yet. We're just so thrilled as a group at the 12 nominations. We're all just cogs in the wheel."
Meanwhile, two new actresses are joining the cast of "Orange is the New Black." "Fringe" actress Blair Brown has signed on to star in Season 3 of Netflix's original drama-comedy. There is no detail yet about what role Brown is going to play in the new season. Veteran actress Mary Steenburgen has also been roped-in to play Pornstache's mother. It will be interesting to see what mother Mendez does in the absence of her son, as Pablo Schreiber, who plays Pornstache, has confirmed that he is not doing season 3 of "Orange is the New Black."
Laura Prepon is returning and as previously reported, she will appear in every episode of the new season. The actress appeared in limited number of scenes in Season 2.
Netflix is expected to release all the episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3 sometime next year in June. The new season is expected to bring the focus back on Alex Vause and Piper Chapman's relationship, as the former is likely to return to Litchfield prison.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date