Genevieve LaCaze Stage Bombs Kylie Minogue at Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremonies [VIDEO]
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 4, 2014 7:46 PM EST
This is how the to-do list of Genevieve LaCaze looks like:
Selected to the steeple chase team that will be sent to Glasgow? Check.
Australian singer Kylie Minogue performs during the closing ceremony of the 2014 commonwealth games at Hampden Park in Glasgow, Scotland August 3, 2014.
Finish respectably in the steeple chase event? Check.
Dance your heart out in front of millions of people on your 25th birthday? Check
Stage bomb Kylie Minogue during the Glasgow Games closing ceremonies? Triple Check!
Australian steeple chase athlete Genevieve LaCaze was vaulted into the spotlight after stage bombing Kylie Minogue's performance at the closing ceremonies of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, The Guardian.com reports.
Wearing a green top and waving a miniature flag of her country, she unexpectedly got up on the stage and grooved against the scantily clad back-up dancers of Kylie Minogue. Even event security was taken aback by the gesture as they took them a minute to drag her off the stage. But the spectacle was already in full view as BBC which covered the event tried to put her out of focus but still was able to capture her cynics.
"The opportunity to dance with Kylie Minogue doesn't come around every lifetime, so I took it," LaCaze spoke with Brisbane radio station B105 while on the way back to the athletes' village.
It must have been one wild birthday bash or that she must have needed the attention after finishing just fifth in her 3000 meter steeple chase race. It must have been the former as she even told her parents to stay glued to the tube for the closing ceremonies. Little did they know that their girl had one big surprise mapped out for the family.
With her act, a lot of netizens took to Twitter their reactions to the stage bombing, with most reactions showing amusement to the guts of LaCaze to upstage Kylie Minogue. The spontaneity of her actions provided much comic relief to the closing ceremonies that began with performances from Lulu, Deacon Blue and Glasgow band Prides.
Or maybe we will see her groove yet again on the next one such as this:
(Video Courtesy of: Youtube/Studio 10)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L