Liverpool FC Transfer News: No Anfield Move for Mario Balotelli, Declares Rodgers
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 4, 2014 7:44 PM EST
AC Milan forward Mario Balotelli will not be making a move to Anfield anytime soon, as Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers declared that he has no intention of acquiring the troubled Italy international.
“I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool.” - Brendan Rodgers
Transfer News: Real Madrid's James Rodriguez Calls for Compatriot JG Cuadrado to Choose Barcelona Amid Man Utd Link
Football news sources went abuzz when the 41-year-old Irish mentor professed admiration for the former Manchester City man before the Reds took on the Rossoneri for a preseason clash last Saturday.
The said remarks came in timely as Liverpool recently failed to sign Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy due to a failed medical.
"I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool," said Rodgers.
"In my last press conference I was asked a question about Mario Balotelli and I talked about what a talent he was and what an excellent player he was and the next day it was wrote as if we were signing him."
"I just gave my perception of him as a player. It shouldn't be transmitted in to us signing the player."
He reiterated, however, that he is still looking to further strengthen his squad, which will deal with Champions League duties on top of their domestic fixtures.
"We still have a few bits and pieces we would like to do to solidify the group, but there's no names or definite signings yet," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine