Liverpool FC Transfer News: No Anfield Move for Mario Balotelli, Declares Rodgers
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 4, 2014 7:44 PM EST
AC Milan forward Mario Balotelli will not be making a move to Anfield anytime soon, as Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers declared that he has no intention of acquiring the troubled Italy international.
“I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool.” - Brendan Rodgers
Transfer News: Real Madrid's James Rodriguez Calls for Compatriot JG Cuadrado to Choose Barcelona Amid Man Utd Link
Football news sources went abuzz when the 41-year-old Irish mentor professed admiration for the former Manchester City man before the Reds took on the Rossoneri for a preseason clash last Saturday.
The said remarks came in timely as Liverpool recently failed to sign Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy due to a failed medical.
"I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool," said Rodgers.
"In my last press conference I was asked a question about Mario Balotelli and I talked about what a talent he was and what an excellent player he was and the next day it was wrote as if we were signing him."
"I just gave my perception of him as a player. It shouldn't be transmitted in to us signing the player."
He reiterated, however, that he is still looking to further strengthen his squad, which will deal with Champions League duties on top of their domestic fixtures.
"We still have a few bits and pieces we would like to do to solidify the group, but there's no names or definite signings yet," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch