Liverpool FC Transfer News: No Anfield Move for Mario Balotelli, Declares Rodgers
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 4, 2014 7:44 PM EST
AC Milan forward Mario Balotelli will not be making a move to Anfield anytime soon, as Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers declared that he has no intention of acquiring the troubled Italy international.
“I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool.” - Brendan Rodgers
Transfer News: Real Madrid's James Rodriguez Calls for Compatriot JG Cuadrado to Choose Barcelona Amid Man Utd Link
Football news sources went abuzz when the 41-year-old Irish mentor professed admiration for the former Manchester City man before the Reds took on the Rossoneri for a preseason clash last Saturday.
The said remarks came in timely as Liverpool recently failed to sign Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy due to a failed medical.
"I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool," said Rodgers.
"In my last press conference I was asked a question about Mario Balotelli and I talked about what a talent he was and what an excellent player he was and the next day it was wrote as if we were signing him."
"I just gave my perception of him as a player. It shouldn't be transmitted in to us signing the player."
He reiterated, however, that he is still looking to further strengthen his squad, which will deal with Champions League duties on top of their domestic fixtures.
"We still have a few bits and pieces we would like to do to solidify the group, but there's no names or definite signings yet," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS